Indian visitors to Phuket surge whilst total numbers drop

webfact

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

India is a very colorful place, with alot of culture. We need to encourage the more colorful and diverse amongst India's population to visit! More entertainment for us. 

India3_copy.jpg

indian_people.jpg

17739a031db945a18dc25f5d755ec0d4_18.jpg

If you look at this photo the lady holding the paper really wants to take a dump but cannot find a toilet?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, HANGOVER TWO said:

I'm not sure this talk should be allowed. People are people. You are no better or worse then anyone else, on this good old earth

Don’t be so asumptuous, righteous and up tight, your no better either.

37 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Racism and Nationalism aside it is a salient fact that in general Indians have a very poor reputation in Thailand. It may well be that these new wave of tourists will put the record straight , only time will tell.

Be careful if you tell the truth you’ll be accused of nationalism and racism. 

3 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Be careful if you tell the truth you’ll be accused of nationalism and racism. 

People need to say what is the truth and not be intimidated by others with an agenda.  Yes Indian hygiene can be improved for sure but it shouls also be evident that Thailand is not getting the more sophisticated upwardly mobile Indian tourists.  Let's remember these are Indians who are lured here by TAT often on the basis of super cheap holidays.

20 hours ago, Brigand said:

Swamped by Indian tourists sounds ghastly to be honest. Most probably here just coming to gawp and not spend as any with money will choose a different destination.

Third highest spenders in the world, spend more on shopping than on "experiences".

Take your xenophobic glasses off and welcome to the real world.

17 hours ago, geisha said:

Chinese wear sun hats. Indian men come to Thailand without their wives. Easy to recognise. 

What a stupid generalisation. Don't Aussies, Brits etc come alone to have fun? And don't you see Indian families at touristy type attractions? It's amazing to read some of the comments on this site.

8 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Indians have such a fantastic reputation and deservedly so!!! Trying to bargain over a 10 baht, baht bus. Sharing a tiny cup of coffee between 4 people and let's not even go there with the girls. Far as I'm concerned it's another reason not to go to Phuket.

Don't get me going about the fat Brit slobs in singlets, hahaha!! In one of the most expensive and lux condo in Bkk, many many high end Indian families. Guess you'll just see what you want to see. Good luck with your rants.

11 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

Third highest spenders in the world, spend more on shopping than on "experiences".

Take your xenophobic glasses off and welcome to the real world.

let's see the data on third highest spenders please... I would question the accuracy...

9 hours ago, b2bme said:

I take it you look down on Indians or see yourself above them. Typical comment though from someone of the flag on your profile. I laugh at your pompous attitude as your Empire crumbles.

I recall reading where your national dish is now curry and chips......LOL

It’s the Indian (Pakistani) Muslims who in general Despise Westoners and think the Girls are even lowest of the low!! 

They don’t know how to treat women with respect as they have NONE ... 

Hence every Girl you speak to refuses to go with the Curry stinking Tight fisted Abusers. 

Why they have to wander around 5 Abreast on all the sous is pure Indignance to Every other Road user or Pedestrian.!! I’ve seen many Taxi bike Kick them out of the way !!

Ive not seen any other Community act with Arrogance and Ignorance towards others like this.

2 hours ago, malibukid said:

most posters on this thread fail to see what Indian scientist and mathematicians have given the world.  sadly most here are lacking a comprehensive education and are ignorant of such contributions. 

Many are old, racist, less educated, ignorant, less exposure and with fat ego.

49 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

"had" is the operative word, buddy! Stop living in the past. Read your own governments statistics, how many Indian companies investing in the UK.

Ignorant really. Read history. The Chinese and Indian culture is 5000 years old. Indians ruled many areas from present India to the Far East when Brits were living in caves and eating one full boiled chicken with one hand. ????????????????????

Brit is now an Island which is even not visible on weather forecast. Lets wait and see how it looks like after Scots are out. 

Fiji would be bigger. Export of fish and chips to the EU would be most lucrative business. 

10 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Indians have such a fantastic reputation and deservedly so!!! Trying to bargain over a 10 baht, baht bus. Sharing a tiny cup of coffee between 4 people and let's not even go there with the girls. Far as I'm concerned it's another reason not to go to Phuket.

The Songthaews in Phuket are not ten baht, try thirty baht.....so I don't know where you were.

WE have noticed an influx of visitors from the Subcontinent .

Mainly from the South , Kerala in particular.

My Thai wife has a rental business , so we interact somewhat more than most.

I would suggest most of the stereotypes mentioned earlier  dont hold with these tourists in this era , I mean they can afford to travel on airliners  and stay in hotels like the Hyatt or Novotel like any other race , so talking in terms of not having any money or lacking hygiene cant apply obviously.

Most are professionals or in business , or they wouldnt have the money to travel.

Of course many are careful with their money and will negotiate strongly on price - she gets that with Germans and Scots as well. Some Indians do have a propensity to drive too hard a bargain , or reinvent the basic product till it is the deluxe one  but  they want it still priced at the base - we had an Australian do that the other day to , and we simply walk away or  just hang up on them....555

Just as one would back home.

Many spend little at bars or pubs because many simply dont drink ...so what..

Yes , the working girls in my area do comment that the  younger Indian men , in small packs , are mercilless on 'pricing' , but none of them claim not to have an Indian client recently.  They seem to shrug about negotiations   , rather than get outraged like some old TV members here ..

And with the shortage of paying 'partners' around the Sois of late , any customer with money is welcome any time there , obviously.

For our part , Indians do speak clear English.

They do say please and thank you , and most already know how to wai.

They have pretty good manners , and simply do not swear like so many other tourists.

And their hygiene standards are  , nowadays  , very good.

So I think the stereotypes being applied are somewhat dated , or still apply to the great unwashed masses of Indians who will never have the chance to leave their villiage let alone go overseas.

Sure , there are easier or 'better-hearted' customers  from other countries out there - but they simply arent turning up ....

3 hours ago, Mansell said:

The Songthaews in Phuket are not ten baht, try thirty baht.....so I don't know where you were.

Not sure that's my point. Someone who's trying to negotiate down from 10 baht surely can't be the big spenders Thailand is looking for. 

11 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

I worked in India, New Delhi, about 10 years ago. Now Thailand could not be called clean, compared to Norway or Switzerland for example, or many European countries, but many cities in India are very dirty compared to say Bangkok. Thailand could be considered a 2nd world country, Indonesia a 3rd world country, as are many SE Asian countries, probably except Singapore, but India or certain parts are 4th world. I was on my way to work one day out of the city and I saw what appeared to be a dead body (human), I was in a car so I didn't stop. On My way home the body was still there covered in flies. Now that something you don't see every day. Hygiene in India is almost non existent.

I have not been there for over 40 years, but i have recently seen pictures and read reports of Indians squatting just about anywhere to have a <deleted> (no public toilets) and pissing in shop doorways.

13 hours ago, Thaidude said:

I am an Indian and this thread doesn't offend me

Yes there are some negative stereotypes when it comes to Indian's(every country has a stereotype) but you should know that we are a billion people with atleast 9 recognized religions which teach everyone different culture. 

When we are kids we are tought to save money(Talking about the old generation) and our parents too impose the same on their kids which is why Indian's are known to be stingy(or smart?) with money. We like to get the best value at everything and we are not risk takers like the west but I can say the current generation is pushing ahead of these stereotypes(bless the internet) and we are becoming more risk takers and conquerinng the world slowly.

There are stupid people in every country who are nothing but a blot on tourism and i don't deny that. Even i am ashamed when i see my fellow indian's misbehaving when they go out but we cant do much about that but times a changing so we can't generalize. I have also seen a lot of brits, americans behaving the same during my travels but i don't generalize because afterall they are human beings.

So lets Live Today, Love Tomorrow, Unite Forever ????

Well said. I've travelled throughout India and loved the experience, I'm also a big fan of Indian women and they're seemingly big fans of me... 

57 minutes ago, thisisrascal said:

Well said. I've travelled throughout India and loved the experience, I'm also a big fan of Indian women and they're seemingly big fans of me... 

you must he rather handsome and have a wonderful personality , being such a big hit with the girls

19 hours ago, b2bme said:

I take it you look down on Indians or see yourself above them. Typical comment though from someone of the flag on your profile. I laugh at your pompous attitude as your Empire crumbles.

I recall reading where your national dish is now curry and chips......LOL

Have you ever been on a baht bus when the Indians haggled over the 10 baht fare, or seen them trying to get as many men as possible with one girl? Anything pompous about finding that unseemly?

Places with loads of Indians are as unpopular with farangs as places with loads of Chinese. Too many people of any ethnicity make a place unattractive- I'd hate to go to a Spanish beach covered with Brits, not because I don't like Brits, but because too many people are offputting.

Before accusing me of being racist, I have Chinese and Indian friends.

Indians are alright, but still serves them right - Thai tourism powers-that-be would sell their soul for a statistic.

Aside: Oh I do love it when the commoners harp on about cessation of British Empire stuff thinking it gets to modern day Brits lol. We stopped giving a monkeys (bemused, really) about all that nonsense way before the rest of the world stopped rolling around in the mud and joined the (probably through some British idea/invention) cilivised human race. ???????? Carry on numpties...

Archived