Indian visitors to Phuket surge whilst total numbers drop

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, madmitch said:

UK up 36%? The rest of the figures I can believe but not this one.

Just another piece of propaganda from T.A.T !  Some moron in T.A.T confused currency rates with arrivals . What he meant to say was the Thai baht has risen 36% against the UK pound and not arrivals that have risen 36 %  !

19 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

Ignorant really. Read history. The Chinese and Indian culture is 5000 years old. Indians ruled many areas from present India to the Far East when Brits were living in caves and eating one full boiled chicken with one hand. ????????????????????

Brit is now an Island which is even not visible on weather forecast. Lets wait and see how it looks like after Scots are out. 

Fiji would be bigger. Export of fish and chips to the EU would be most lucrative business. 

you should move to india where you can more enjoy the developed culture including the lovely caste system

Poor, divorcee, frustrated & old retirees. Paid huge divorce compensation to their partners and fled their own county to pursue a cheap lifestyle here.

Get triggered whenever they read Indians or Chinese on any forum. 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, captpkapoor said:

Don't get me going about the fat Brit slobs in singlets, hahaha!! In one of the most expensive and lux condo in Bkk, many many high end Indian families. Guess you'll just see what you want to see. Good luck with your rants.

Attacking stereotypes by quoting stereotypes ! Hypocrisy does not further your arguement and questions your cerebral capacity.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, phantomfiddler said:

I honestly believe they will destroy the place after seeing several of them urinating in THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD on Soi 4 a couple of weeks ago ! This is not to mention their practice of washing their underwear in the hotel swimming pools ???? Still I guess the water would be cleaner than the Ganges.

Not for long????

Please don't make a general statement about Indians. We Indian are also known for our cultures, ethics and values too. We Indians are working in Thailand and all over the world as a successful business people, teacher, doctor etc... The exceptions are everywhere. No body is perfect. Don't judge a book by looking its cover page. There is a chance of betterment everywhere. India is heading towards a better future. We value education the most and Education clears all the darkness. Thank u all for your comments.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, b2bme said:

I take it you look down on Indians or see yourself above them. Typical comment though from someone of the flag on your profile. I laugh at your pompous attitude as your Empire crumbles.

I recall reading where your national dish is now curry and chips......LOL

Nowt wrong wi' reet grand yorksheer Balti's lad, nowt.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, mike1967 said:

It's very easy to avoid the Indians if that's your preference. Stay away from cheap hotels and go to bars, clubs and restaurants.....job done.

Lol, most of the cheapo hostels are filled with white people. Begpackers are sleeping on bunk beds. I see many so called rich and developed nationality begging for money in Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:05 AM, Geoffggi said:

Great news this means you or any of your family will not be living in UK.....LOL

Come out of dilemma. I seen many Indians living there, during my trip to London and Swindon. Do not get me started with Indian restaurants in London. Been to many Indian restaurants, seen more white people dining than Indians.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:56 AM, dallen52 said:

Scrap the junket, Phuket is doing fine.

Oh, I forgot. 

Its Indians. 

One drink, four straws, no tips.

I pity your knowledge. Unlike USA, UK .... there is no tipping culture in many countries i.e  Japan, Korea, India. So stop seeing all culture from your lenses.

For example In USA minimum wages are not increased from many years. So eaters compensate waiters with tip.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/16/federal-minimum-wage-record-no-increase-since-2009

On 9/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, reargunnerph3 said:

Not that Indians look down on Indians thanks to their caste system? The Indians that come to Thailand have a well deserved reputation as cheap c****, not all but most.

Its their wish to spend their money in whatever country they want. I have been to many countries and encounters Indian almost everywhere including USA, UK, Japan, Korea, France and other european countries.

About "cheap c****" I barely seen any Indian begging for money on streets. Rarely seen Indians in any hostel.

Majority of cheap hostels are filled with white people.

20 hours ago, akda said:

Come out of dilemma. I seen many Indians living there, during my trip to London and Swindon. Do not get me started with Indian restaurants in London. Been to many Indian restaurants, seen more white people dining than Indians.

You appear to have lost the plot, I am not in any form of dilemma as I know exactly where I am and what I like you on the other hand appear to have drifted off course

22 hours ago, akda said:

I pity your knowledge. Unlike USA, UK .... there is no tipping culture in many countries i.e  Japan, Korea, India. So stop seeing all culture from your lenses.

For example In USA minimum wages are not increased from many years. So eaters compensate waiters with tip.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/16/federal-minimum-wage-record-no-increase-since-2009

And india pays a good wage for its restaurant employees?  they should be tipping as well

On 9/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Truthhurts said:

Some punctuation would do the world of good to your post which I heartily disagree with.

To summarise.. what you are saying is

TOO MANY OF THEM AND NOT ENOUGH OF US.

I agree with your comment on the punctuation, it would certainly help. However I heartily agree with what he said!

On 9/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, losworld said:

you should move to india where you can more enjoy the developed culture including the lovely caste system

You know nothing about the so-called caste system, except what little you may have heard, or perhaps taught, by YOUR historians writing history or whatever from YOUR perspective. I would encourage you to read proper books some more, sigh!

On 9/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, Inepto Cracy said:

The price of cigarettes will go up on Phuket and the plain boxes will be littered every where.

Cigarettes are used in India, to be thrown at large mobs of people and beggars, to keep them away from you or your transport.

India's population density is 1,065 persons per square kilometer.

First time I've heard of cigarettes being thrown at large mobs of people in India! Unbelievable, the <deleted> one gets to read here!

Let's understand this a bit. First, India is not a homogenous country, or society, unlike most Western countries. "India" exists on many different levels, economically, socially, education wise, urban - metro/ urban- small city/ villager. My "Indian" may be completely different from your "Indian", depending on whom you've been exposed to, where and in which milieu you mingled with them. So we have many different types of Indians coming to Thailand. Those on a cheap package tour, maybe first timers anywhere abroad, only get taken to Bkk and Pattaya. Slightly more upper class, who'll go to Bkk and Phuket, but still stay in a hotel around 1500-2000 baht per day. These guys may have been to Singapore/ Malaysia/ Sri lanka. Lastly, the well-heeled Indian, well-travelled, highly educated, goes (In Thailand) to Koh Samui, Phi Phi, Krabi etc, come in foursomes, two couples, or a family. The really, really rich Indian, unfortunately, doesn't visit Thailand at all, because in India, for that class, saying you're going to Thailand, is "low society". This lot holidays in Europe or the US, luxury Med cruises, etc. 

So we can't look at Indians as a whole. I've been visiting Thailand since the late 70s, and now living in Bkk in my condo since 6 years, and have met a lot of Indians, so this is what I've learnt. Plus visited India many times and mingled with good families. 

Archived