Patients to receive prescribed medicine at drugstores from October 1

snoop1130

Patients to receive prescribed medicine at drugstores from October 1

c54bff29301d7c770ff450e39368c45b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 September 2019(NNT) - From October 1st, the National Health Security Committee will have four groups of chronic patients receive their prescribed medicine at drugstores near their homes in order to alleviate congestion at hospitals. At the initial stage, 50 hospitals will cooperate with 500 drugstores, for the convenient collection of medicine at drugstores.

Deputy Prime Minister/Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, who concurrently chairs the National Health Security Committee, said today the panel has approved the policy, and the strategy subcommittee’s proposal for patients to receive prescribed medicine at drugstores to alleviate congestion at the hospitals. There will be no more than 50 hospitals and 500 drugstores joining the initial stage of the project while more are to join in the following years.

The four groups of patients with chronic illnesses who may receive prescribed medicine at drugstores instead of hospitals, are those with diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma or mental illnesses. Drugstores will ask the patient whether or not they are willing to receive medicine there. About 30% of these patients are expected subsequently, to receive their medicine at drugstores. The medicine at the drugstores will be the same as that at the hospitals and will incur no fee.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-09-03

I dont see how this will ease congestion at hospitals. Incase of blood pressure doctor needs me to have blood test every 4 months which is the amount of tablets im given, to see if medication needs to be altered. With blood test also need colestral, thyroid and blood sugar checked. So therefor by doing what they want there making me do an extra stop. BUT by getting perhaps they are taking away the high charge of hospital tablets. BUT AGAIN, i do get my thyroid tablets from an outside pharmacy. BUT outside they dont and cant get my same hypa tension capsules. I have tried. 

29 minutes ago, helloagain said:

I dont see how this will ease congestion at hospitals. Incase of blood pressure doctor needs me to have blood test every 4 months which is the amount of tablets im given, to see if medication needs to be altered. With blood test also need colestral, thyroid and blood sugar checked. So therefor by doing what they want there making me do an extra stop. BUT by getting perhaps they are taking away the high charge of hospital tablets. BUT AGAIN, i do get my thyroid tablets from an outside pharmacy. BUT outside they dont and cant get my same hypa tension capsules. I have tried. 

In the states I had to go every 6 months but since moving here my BP has gone down and I go to the village clinic to check my BP once a week 

Archived