BANGKOK

The 4th Gen Mazda3 will finally be released in Thailand on 18th Sept. Waiting to see if much of a price increase over the older model. No specs for the Thai models yet.

Will be interesting to see if they release the Skyactiv-X engine at the same time or wait til next year. The Skyactiv-X engine gives an extra 20HP, but may add 10-20% to the price over the Skyactive-G.

2019-mazda3.jpg.c6c1502392edb012c561b124d03f3fcc.jpg

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

It's the same engine as in the previous model. No skyactiv-x yet. Late next year maybe. 

Thai specs here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/first-impression-review-mazda-3-thaispec2019/

Thanks for that. A pity about the X, just as interested in the tech as in the extra HP. Seems same engine (though specs not officially released yet but guessing you have inside info) as previous G running 14:1 compression and 165 HP, while the Australian version is 13.5:1 and about 153 HP. Though Australia also gets the 2.5 Litre.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, it might help spice up the dowdy Thai cars available and make other manufacturers to be a bit more adventurous in styling; too late for the new Corolla Altis!

3 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Thanks for that. A pity about the X, just as interested in the tech as in the extra HP. Seems same engine (though specs not officially released yet but guessing you have inside info) as previous G running 14:1 compression and 165 HP, while the Australian version is 13.5:1 and about 153 HP. Though Australia also gets the 2.5 Litre.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, it might help spice up the dowdy Thai cars available and make other manufacturers to be a bit more adventurous in styling; too late for the new Corolla Altis!

In that article they state a few minor changes to the engine. This engine is having issues with its fuel pump for a number of customers, but as I understand it, they havent addressed these problems in this monor change. 

They even get a 230HP 2.5 turbo petrol engine in the new cx-5 in Japan. That would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

In that article they state a few minor changes to the engine. This engine is having issues with its fuel pump for a number of customers, but as I understand it, they havent addressed these problems in this monor change. 

They even get a 230HP 2.5 turbo petrol engine in the new cx-5 in Japan. That would be nice.

and add All Wheel Drive to the wish list, that would be sweet! 😀

Interesting about the fuel pump problem, i hadn't come across that.

Tangent, but Malaysia is also getting the 2.5T in the CX5, which gives me a little hope that it may come to Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Tangent, but Malaysia is also getting the 2.5T in the CX5, which gives me a little hope that it may come to Thailand.

I read that too. So there's a remote chance of it. 

• Like 1

I've had a Mazda 2014 hatchback which I bought new and have had no problems with it. Love the car and I drive the <deleted> out of it. Ring it out everytime I get on the open highway. I like the look of the Gen 3 hatchback and the Gen 4 sedan. I like the silver color as it shows the dirt the least of any color. This pix was taken last week BEFORE the car was washed.

unwashed.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, DavisH said:

It's the same engine as in the previous model. No skyactiv-x yet. Late next year maybe. 

Thai specs here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/first-impression-review-mazda-3-thaispec2019/

Buy EDV electric driven vehicle and help save the planet. Having a  fossil fuelled car you have no right to complain about air quality.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

Buy EDV electric driven vehicle and help save the planet. Having a  fossil fuelled car you have no right to complain about air quality.

Wouldn't mind an EV but nothing interesting in Thailand at the moment. I guess once i am ready to replace the Mazda 3 in 5 years time there will be some good choices. i could see myself getting something like the Nissan Urban EV.

BTW not meaning to be churlish, but the planet doesn't need saving it is humans that need saving; the planet will continue blithely along without us on it.

honda_urban_ev_concept_-_front_3_4.jpg.992d43e19f348f2da06c2f21f359ae75.jpg

Edited by taichiplanet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and I thought you were presenting the new CX 30 that's a beauty currently available in Europe it's between a CX 3 and CX 5 to compete with the Nissan Qashai

The new Mazda’s are really nice cars to drive . 3 handles and feels as good as BMW 3 series , but it just does not hold any value at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

The new Mazda’s are really nice cars to drive . 3 handles and feels as good as BMW 3 series , but it just does not hold any value at all. 

I know for a fact.... had a 3 for 2.5 years bought at 980 k tried to trade for a CX 5 and was offered 550 k but do agree with the driving, great handling this is my 6th Mazda

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, batata said:

I know for a fact.... had a 3 for 2.5 years bought at 980 k tried to trade for a CX 5 and was offered 550 k but do agree with the driving, great handling this is my 6th Mazda

So you were offered half price for 2.5 year old car?

i had a vigo, new 740k, 3.5 years later sold for 580k 

mitsu pajero, new 1.1 million , 6-7 years later 630k

see the difference ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

So you were offered half price for 2.5 year old car?

i had a vigo, new 740k, 3.5 years later sold for 580k 

mitsu pajero, new 1.1 million , 6-7 years later 630k

see the difference ?

unfortunately I do,,,, Mazda has great cars but don't hold value, before had a Pajero also got a deal similar to yours, Toyota also holds value but I like Mazda engines and handling, sometimes one has to accept a bad deal and I did 2 x in a row, did learn the lesson

• Like 1