Jeffer Steak Restaurant poor service.

DUNROAMIN

JEFFER STEAK RESTAURANT
Well, here's my story of my last visit to Jeffer Steak at Robinson, Mukdahan.
I ordered a pork burger and my wife ordered a pork steak with colored rice and veg. One would presume you would get what was showed in the picture in the menu, not so, her dish arrived well after mine and was presented with this crappy looking pork steak and the best part the rice was placed on the plate inside a sealed plastic bag, she had to tear it open and empty the rice onto the plate, I don't know about you, but for me this was absolute <deleted>. I ask the waitress why the food was presented like that and got the standard Thai answer"
I DON'T KNOW". The restaurant at the time was busy about 60% patrons, I presumed because they couldn't handle the pace the just threw the rice on the plate and couldn't be bothered to open the bag and serve the rice correctly. I was <deleted> off with their attitude and sent an email to Head Office in Bangkok, I received a answer a couple of days later and this was there reason for leaving it in the bag, quote," Our is rice is kept fresh in sealed plastic bags and is microwaved before serving and left in the plastic bag so that it does not dry out before consumption". What a load of twaddle, I mean the rice is going to dry out from the kitchen to table. I sent another email back quoting," Well that strange I have been eating here for the past three years and never seen any plastic bags when we have ordered a dish with rice" Still waiting for an answer. I am starting to get the <deleted>s with some of these places with the attitude of the staff and quality of the food, it seems the Thais are happy or too polite putting up with declining service and food quality. Picture is not Mukdahan branch, first picture shows what was served. Your thoughts.

Jeffer steak.jpg

20190831_130322.jpg

20190831_131133.jpg

Ohhh! So sad! I just guess you get what you pay for. Pay for sh*t and recieve sh*t.

After that you show the photo beside the food you got. Really? Since when does the photo and the real plate match, if you do not go to a michelin restaurant? As said, you get what you pay for. That is also why the Thais do not complain, because they understand things like that.

I am guessing by the shape and formation that the rice is "sticky" rice, it's pre-made and divided into portions and placed in plastic then stacked in warning cabinets. You can see them stacked in most street vendors, common practice in fast food for sticky rice.

3 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Correct, McDonalds is fast food, have you ever seen it served up in a plastic bag???

While it might not be served in bags bc McDs is more clever then that - I'm absolutely certain the food comes in bags.

Sticky rice always comes in bags.

Here, in Bangkok, "EATAMARE - Good Steak" is where we always head for the "Thai steak" experience. 

They are priced close to Jeffer and Santa Fe, but the product is far superior.  

Most are around Victory monument, and one in Union Mall.

Surprisingly, their burgers suck. The buns are just awful

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

While it might not be served in bags bc McDs is more clever then that - I'm absolutely certain the food comes in bags.

Sticky rice always comes in bags.

Even the bag in the basket!

Archived