‘PM ready’ to take part in parliamentary debate on Sept 18 over oath-taking controversy

snoop1130

‘PM ready’ to take part in parliamentary debate on Sept 18 over oath-taking controversy

By THE NATION

800_160b18b8db256c7.jpg

A parliamentary debate to discuss the prime minister’s incomplete oath-taking, which has stirred a controversy, has been proposed for September 18, Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong said on Tuesday.

Sontirat, who is also secretary-general of the ruling coalition leader Phalang Pracharat Party, said the session would not involve any judgement by Parliament. He said a joint decision by whips of the coalition, the opposition and the Senate was needed to confirm the date.

Sonthirat said PM Prayut Chan-o-cha had promised that he would be present to personally respond in the discussions, and the date had been chosen because of the prime minister’s tight schedule as he was available only on September 18.

Asked whether the discussion would be for only one day, because the current parliamentary session will end the next day, Sonthirat said he was awaiting a response from lawmakers on Parliament’s schedule.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375797

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-03

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

nd the date had been chosen because of the prime minister’s tight schedule as he was available only on September 18.

With all due respect. So glad his highness has a day open for the peanut gallery at this such late time. But there must be a twist as it already being or has been resolved for him to go into this potential shooting gallery. He is not going into the Thai OK Corral unless it is truly OK for him. Not with his temperament.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

A parliamentary debate to discuss the prime minister’s incomplete oath-taking, which has stirred a controversy, has been proposed for September 18, Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong said on Tuesday.

The energy minister said the entire cabinet had been instructed to speak to many fortune tellers. The consensus of which agreed the third Wednesday in September was indeed a lucky day.

After double checking with his pet, the frog-kisser agreed.

I personally believe that if he had any intention whatsoever of actually behaving in the manner of care of the country which the oath swearing required, he wouldn't have had the balls to stand up there and utter the words in the first place. Nothing that came from his mouth would negate the fact he stole an albeit flawed democracy, repressed the slightest dissent, allowed the country's constitution to be shredded to a pile of army manipulated pile of trash, and continues to "govern" something the majority of the country were against.

Sadly politicians here do not have the balls or clout to stop, him, so any debate on missing words he was never going to honour anyway is utterly worthless, but given none of them have anything better or more meaningful to do, let them talk themselves to death.

Everything that should be debated, it is against the law to talk about.

And everyone must pretend that it is not so.

And most of the population are suffering.

They must praise their superiors and thank them for their good luck that they have such good people looking after them.

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

With all due respect. So glad his highness has a day open for the peanut gallery at this such late time. But there must be a twist as it already being or has been resolved for him to go into this potential shooting gallery. He is not going into the Thai OK Corral unless it is truly OK for him. Not with his temperament.

Parliament voted 800-0 everything was  ok with his oath taking, coming soon?

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I personally believe that if he had any intention whatsoever of actually behaving in the manner of care of the country which the oath swearing required, he wouldn't have had the balls to stand up there and utter the words in the first place. Nothing that came from his mouth would negate the fact he stole an albeit flawed democracy, repressed the slightest dissent, allowed the country's constitution to be shredded to a pile of army manipulated pile of trash, and continues to "govern" something the majority of the country were against.

Sadly politicians here do not have the balls or clout to stop, him, so any debate on missing words he was never going to honour anyway is utterly worthless, but given none of them have anything better or more meaningful to do, let them talk themselves to death.

Now tell us how you really feel !

(kidding aside, well stated, very well)

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I feel you have enunciated it all correctly, a sad parody of a democratic sovereign state, a truly sad state of affairs.  This debate may relate to any subsequent trial of him I am suspecting and hoping.

"because of the prime minister’s tight schedule". Can we please be blessed with a detailed description of his schedule? No places need to be named for security reasons. If Trump can find his way to one of his golf courses 250 days of his first two years in office, I'm sure the prime minister of Thailand can find a day or two to be in parliament.

And here I am, old fashioned as can be, and always thought a P.M. was elected by Parliament and hence, rather inconveniently, answers to Parliament. 

( Unless Parliament gets suspended for disagreeing with the P.M. like in the U.K. )

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Get rid of this guy now. 

Hang on...

The Americans say that he is doing great things for the country and Junta. During the last 5 years. 

So good that they will sell Thailand about 150 APVs.

Armoured Personnel Vehicles. 

Which will be located somewhere near Bangkok central. 

Wonder which one is his personal one?

Can't help but wonder if something is brewing?

27 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Hang on...

The Americans say that he is doing great things for the country and Junta. During the last 5 years. 

So good that they will sell Thailand about 150 APVs.

Armoured Personnel Vehicles. 

Which will be located somewhere near Bangkok central. 

Wonder which one is his personal one?

Can't help but wonder if something is brewing?

Any country that buys weapons from USA is deemed as "doing great things" in the eyes of Trump.

Sad but true.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Not disagreeing with your sentiments, but the largest single vote was for the party choosing him as PM.

The old adage, you get and deserve what you voted for, is now keenly being seen in many countries around the world!

1 hour ago, KKr said:

And here I am, old fashioned as can be, and always thought a P.M. was elected by Parliament and hence, rather inconveniently, answers to Parliament. 

( Unless Parliament gets suspended for disagreeing with the P.M. like in the U.K. )

Yeah but in the UK parliament can, and have, seized control and will pass legislation to block the PM who suspended them; possible vote of no confidence or new General election.

Now, Venezuela, where the President simply formed a new parliament, ignoring the real one; staffed it with his appointed mates, and pretends the old one doesn't exist is the way to go.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

wishful thinking...if only they could grow a pair of big "cojones" we would/could see some chalenging

I have been wondering how to categorize this guy and it just hit me...he thinks he's the chosen one, he's God/Buddha he's just above anybody and anything, he's always right, even when he's wrong he still be right and the sad thing is the international community give him credit for the poor job done

20 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Ahaha he's doing a Boris Johnson job waiting till last day of parliament.
Tell you i do believe i can see into the future and can See he will have a tummy bug on the 18th September.
Please recognize my prediction if it comes true.

Ah, a 'medical emergency'. It must be catching.

Archived