Affirmation of Marriage

jhollebon

Hello folks. . Are there any British people here who have got married to a Thai national recently here in Thailand. I am planning on getting married next month. However, I need to go to the British embassy in Bangkok to get documents to affirm my marital status, and (I believe) a certified copy of the front page of my passport. The process looks long and complicated. I can go to Bangkok to get the affirmation documents from the British embassy, however, I don't have time to translate the documents, and then go to Chaeng Wattana and the Ministry of Foreign affairs and wait several days for them to stamp the documents, because I'm currently working here. Are there any reputable agencies that can deliver those services and then courier them up to my house in Chaiyaphum province? Also does anyone have an idea of the costs involved?......And, finally a very specific question. I'll be going to the British embassy by myself as my girlfriend is working. The British embassy requests a copy of the Thai national's ID card. Does anybody know if this needs to be signed/dated and does the signature need to be an original or can it be a scanned version.  Thanks, Justin :)

I am American but process is the same I have not subitted docs for marriage yet but was able to get the docs translated ( the 2 docs you mentioned), and cerified by Thai, and received them in mail two days later. Final step is to actually get married, waiting on doc for wife

Archived