Working in Dubai can my Thai girlfriend join me

Hello,

Some of you may seen my post about trying to get my Thai girlfriend into Australia with me as this is not possible and we want to be together I've started looking at other options.

The work that I can get in Dubai will give me a full Visa and Emirates ID, I've been together with my partner now for 4 months and want to know if there is any way she would be able to come over to Dubai and live with me based on what I've just said above? 

Thanks 

Resident expats working in their UAE can sponsor thier immediate family but not their girlfriends, you'll probably be aware that unmarried couples aren't supposed to live together in the UAE, and whilst many do you'll be putting yourselves at risk.

https://www.government.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/residence-visa/sponsoring-family-residency-visa-by-expatriates

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

If she knew what life in Dubai was like for girls with a asian colour she wouldn't want to spend a week there. Have you thought this idea through?

Can you elaborate please I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

2 minutes ago, Gp93 said:

Can you elaborate please I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

Dubai may look superficially modern, but it still follows Bronze Age customs.  And most the taxi drivers are from Pakistan, another liberal, forward looking nation..

You could be arrested for living together, kissing in public, showing affection in public etc.

And eating outdoors during Ramadan is another offence, and Thai girls like to eat!

As a girlfriend, no chance. 

You have to actually think something like this through. Say you get married and she is allowed to enter as you're working there. What will she do? You only have to look at the Asians in Dubai to see they're mostly doing the bottom of the barrel work.

Why would a young Thai woman want that?

On 9/4/2019 at 12:39 AM, Lungstib said:

If she knew what life in Dubai was like for girls with a asian colour she wouldn't want to spend a week there.

It didn't hamper the fugitive puppet to much though. Perhaps she used whitening cream?

On 9/4/2019 at 7:39 AM, Lungstib said:

If she knew what life in Dubai was like for girls with a asian colour she wouldn't want to spend a week there. Have you thought this idea through?

What ill-informed rubbish. My previous wife was Indian and we spent much of our time together in the Arabian region, including the UAE. She never had any issues there at all.

My current Thai wife also worked in the region for 13 years, both in Dubai and Egypt. The only issue she had was with a rather dictatorial German boss!

On 9/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, Moonlover said:

What ill-informed rubbish. My previous wife was Indian and we spent much of our time together in the Arabian region, including the UAE. She never had any issues there at all.

My current Thai wife also worked in the region for 13 years, both in Dubai and Egypt. The only issue she had was with a rather dictatorial German boss!

Were you able to do this because they were married to you? From what I can gather I cant really do anything to help her as we are not married do you have any idea how they will get on doing the Visa on there own for visitor Visa something like that?

2 hours ago, Gp93 said:

Were you able to do this because they were married to you? From what I can gather I cant really do anything to help her as we are not married do you have any idea how they will get on doing the Visa on there own for visitor Visa something like that?

In the first instant, my Indian wife was treated as a depended relative and we had no problem in obtaining residency for her in any of the Gulf countries.

However my (now) Thai wife was there on her own cognisance having obtained work permits. (I meet her whilst she was working in Egypt)

I very much doubt whether you would be able to sponsor your G/F unless you were to take the plunge and marry her. You would be able to claim her as your dependent relative, just as I used to.

This is absolute bolollo$s, I was there 5 years with my Thai friend, no worries at all to get them there, just be prepared to sponsor or show proof of stay. As for the Taxis lol...this topic is obviously overran by people who have never lived there. Its a top place, but be prepared to have some cash bro  

On 9/4/2019 at 1:39 AM, Lungstib said:

Nonsense. You obviously have not been there. I have talked to Thai married Thai women in Saudi.  They lived on a compound and did not want to return to Thailand. I talked to many Thai girls in Bahrain and they came and went freely. They could wear a Muslim cloak if they wanted some did some didn't. The Thai girls in Dubai also enjoyed a good life. The OP can get a village wedding to suit the marriage requirements of the Dubai authorities.

Archived