Jump to content

Video: Grab Food to the rescue as child has medical emergency in traffic


webfact

Recommended Posts

Video: Grab Food to the rescue as child has medical emergency in traffic

 

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: A mother's moment of crisis

 

A dramatic video on a Bangkok road showed the moment a frantic mother hopped on a Grab Food motorcycle and took her sick child to hospital. 

 

Sound from a dash cam video caught the mother's desperate plight as her son - Pla Wan - foamed at the mouth and lost control of his movements.

 

There was heavy traffic and the car was unable to get through. 

 

They stopped and hailed a Grab Food guy called Pop who got them near to a hospital. Then a motorcycle taxi guy took over cradling the ailing boy in his arms, running over a footbridge and getting him into the care of ER staff. 

 

The boy is recovering. He will need to be on medication for two years for a brain function problem but should recover in time. 

 

"Ployly M. Kaewya" on Facebook thanked all those who had helped her and her son. 

 

Daily News reported further that the Grab Food guy's delivery was a pizza that was ruined. The customer complained and in the circumstances the company took over and explained the situation that was resolved. 

 

The footage from earlier this month has been viewed more than 377,000 times. 

 

Source: Daily News

 

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-04
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is lovely to see people helping each other in need. I hope mother & son are feeling much better.

 

 

 

No doubt if this was the UK, the driver would be facing a disciplinary for 'inappropriate use of a company vehicle'.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about stressful to watch, OMG, with that traffic what could you do.

 

I recall when my daughter was 2, she swallowed a Mentos lolly which her mum gave her without my knowledge, we were at Swampy and walking along, when our daughter started choking, I asked my wife whats wrong with her, what did she eat, and her reply was a Mentos, you could imagine me going to into shock after reading all the time how many kids choke on those round small battery's the size of a Mentos, but not as thick...fark me, I grabbed her, picked her up, and flipped her upside down and gave her a smack on the back as onlookers were wondering what the fark was going on, and it flew out, thank God with the little one crying.

 

The wife got a few words from me I can tell you, I will leave it at that.

 

But well done to all who assisted, sad to hear the bub has some brain function problem, and hope recovers to normal, because as he grows, he will get a serve of it from everyone else in this world 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Talk about stressful to watch, OMG, with that traffic what could you do.

 

I recall when my daughter was 2, she swallowed a Mentos lolly which her mum gave her without my knowledge, we were at Swampy and walking along, when our daughter started choking, I asked my wife whats wrong with her, what did she eat, and her reply was a Mentos, you could imagine me going to into shock after reading all the time how many kids choke on those round small battery's the size of a Mentos, but not as thick...fark me, I grabbed her, pick her up, and flipped her upside down and gave her a smack on the back as onlookers were wondering what the fark was going on, and it flew out, thank God with the little one crying.

 

The wife got a few words from me I can tell you, I will leave it at that.

 

But well done to all who assisted, sad to hear the bub has some brain function problem, and hope recovers to normal, because as he grows, he will get a serve of it from everyone else in this world 🙂

 

 

Lucky escape. There is a technique called the "heimlich manoeuvre" ... worth checking out on You Tube ... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, faraday said:

It really is lovely to see people helping each other in need. I hope mother & son are feeling much better.

 

 

 

No doubt if this was the UK, the driver would be facing a disciplinary for 'inappropriate use of a company vehicle'.

If it had been in the UK, there would have been an ambulance with paramedics, and the motorists would have moved aside to allow the ambulance  through

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vadid said:

If it had been in the UK, there would have been an ambulance with paramedics, and the motorists would have moved aside to allow the ambulance  through

And 3 police cars, & an RRV, & a body to direct the traffic...&...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

 

Lucky escape. There is a technique called the "heimlich manoeuvre" ... worth checking out on You Tube ... 

 

 

Yes well aware of that one, but was afraid to try it on her at 2 years of age, fearing I might have done some damage if I applied it too hard, everything was going through my mind, stay calm, don't panic, sheet, what if I can't dislodge it, and would have resorted to that, if the upside down shake didn't dislodge it, which it did thankfully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraday said:

{snipped}

No doubt if this was the UK, the driver would be facing a disciplinary for 'inappropriate use of a company vehicle'.

Or probably that he didn't submit a written 'elf and safety' assessment first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

 

Lucky escape. There is a technique called the "heimlich manoeuvre" ... worth checking out on You Tube ... 

 

 

With a child or someone small enough to tip upside down, better to do that to let gravity assist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 6:46 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Yes well aware of that one, but was afraid to try it on her at 2 years of age, fearing I might have done some damage if I applied it too hard, everything was going through my mind, stay calm, don't panic, sheet, what if I can't dislodge it, and would have resorted to that, if the upside down shake didn't dislodge it, which it did thankfully.

Yes, a pretty terrifying experience ... but with small kids it happens quite often. With heimlich the same technique applies but with more gentle force than you would use with an adult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...