Video: Attempted car jacking at gunpoint in Chiang Mai

webfact

Video: Attempted car jacking at gunpoint in Chiang Mai

6pm.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai man went on Facebook to report that a man drew a gun on him and tried to steal his car stopped at the lights just after midnight. 

"Tong Bigvan" posted dash cam footage that showed the man walking in front of his car before he pulled out a gun and attempted to open the locked car door.

He managed to drive off thwarting the robbery attempt that happened at the Likhit Cheewan intersection in San Sai district of Chiang Mai. 

He told Thai Rath yesterday that he had contacted Mae Jo police who recommended he file a report. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-04

19 minutes ago, WeekendRaider said:

no one is out and about past 6 PM.  it's too early in the evening for anyone except alcoholics to not be at home winding down from a long day. yeah, all kinds of nonsense can happen from sundown until 2 AM.... so what else is new?

You better be joking lol, what a prisoners life one must have to never get out after 6PM.

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Happens in USA,Europe and starting here,I hope not.

Carjackings are so rare in Europe as to be statistically irrelevant. When they do occur, it tends to be in illegal migration hot-spots such as Spain and England. Even in those countries they represent less than 1% of all vehicle thefts.

The country that really leads the world in carjacking is South Africa. Brazil is pretty bad too but, on the plus side, they don't have the TM30.

13 hours ago, donnacha said:

The country that really leads the world in carjacking is South Africa. Brazil is pretty bad too but, on the plus side, they don't have the TM30.

that's truth. But in these countries you can leagally install some carjack protection and use these devices. I like these flame throwers on the side mirrows or these blades under the car which chops off the legs of those guys. Furthermore, you can secure your home as well with electrical fence for example. This fence gives you not only a zip it would be the last you touch.

But never mind, it isn't legal in Thailand.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, OttoPollmann said:

that's truth. But in these countries you can leagally install some carjack protection and use these devices. I like these flame throwers on the side mirrows or these blades under the car which chops off the legs of those guys. Furthermore, you can secure your home as well with electrical fence for example. This fence gives you not only a zip it would be the last you touch.

But never mind, it isn't legal in Thailand.

It's worth a google on that to see the effect they have.

I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it.

????????

Google    anti-hijack flamethrower

Archived