Farang leopard owner "prowling" inside the house as reporters visit

webfact

Farang leopard owner "prowling" inside the house as reporters visit

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: Leopard as a "guard cat"

Reporters from 77kaoded went to the house in Na Jomtien in the Pattaya area where a Thai woman and her foreign husband are keeping a leopard. 

Yesterday the couple were slammed for keeping a dangerous pet. 

But a visit from the "Wild Hawk" animal authorities on Monday and police showed it was all legal. The couple have two leopards and one is being treated for sickness in Chiang Mai. They moved to the Pattaya area last week to a rented house. 

The fully grown leopard at the Pattaya house is a four year old called Typhoon who animal rights activist Edwin Wiek described as potentially dangerous. 

They have been ordered to complete documentation about the animals at a Sri Racha office and improve the fence security at the property. But they were allowed to keep the leopard.

Yesterday the 77kaoded reporters were not let in by someone they described as looking after the house. No further details could be revealed, they were told.

They said that there was a high fence all around the property and that the foreign man who is the wife of Nitaya Isarasin was "prowling about inside the house" as their reporters took pictures outside. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-04

They say it's tame, but my cat bites my hands if i play with her,

a Leopard's bite can crush a skull,it's like playing Russian roulette,

So 3 have already died and they also have a sick one in Chiang Mai,

think that says they don't know how to look after them and keep them

in good health.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But a visit from the "Wild Hawk" animal authorities on Monday and police showed it was all legal. The couple have two leopards and one is being treated for sickness in Chiang Mai. They moved to the Pattaya area last week to a rented house.

Excuse my stupidity, but who decides it is legal to keep an apex predator as a pet?  

Oh  yes !  Such a  bad thing  for people to  take  care of a  large   well fed  cat. Much better  people  have  numerous  dogs they do  not  feed or  confine to their own properties  and allow them to  roam and fight and  acquire rabies  to  become  vicious and potentially  kill anything  in sight or at least  pass on the infection before ultimate death. In  fact  take another  look at that "domestic"  cat that is  being  progressively  aggressive  after  being  mauled over  by a  pack of street  dogs.

That  bat that  lives in a  building  across  or down the street  that  one evening  swoops in and  bites  your  face or neck  is  just an scarey  painfull event at the  moment?

One  well  fed  large  cat is  not  about  to  escape  the environment that meets its  needs. Of any size they  enjoy  comfort.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that there was a high fence all around the property and that the foreign man who is the wife of Nitaya Isarasin was "prowling about inside the house" as their reporters took pictures outside.

Rather dramatic headline as they couldn't get a story to print !!!!!!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that there was a high fence all around the property and that the foreign man who is the wife of Nitaya Isarasin was "prowling about inside the house" as their reporters took pictures outside

The foreign "MAN" who is the wife?

She/He is prowling about? Gender to be determined I guess...

Shoddy writing and editing in this article... to be classified as <deleted> clic bait at best.

I recall a woman in the UK having a pet leopard that she took for walks on a lead in the 50's.

Nobody batted an eyelid, but there are many animals that can be domesticated but any animal can turn... and some are more dangerous than others.

Archived