Got pulled over, produced image DL, no success.

invex

Today got pulled over on Hua Haew Road. I saw no reason to escape, which I could, as I felt 100 % correct. However, golddiggers did not accepted my pictues of my front and back Thai drivers license. I have read some time ago, the bigg boss stated that a picture would be sufficient. 

Your opinion pls as it costed me a good dinner for two. Thanks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You broke the law so you pay the price.  Unless of course you were invited to come to Thailand by some very high up person who can resolve it for you, if you would bother them with it.

This is not elementary school. The Golddiggers vs The Whinner, tune in next week for a new episode.

11 hours ago, invex said:

Today got pulled over on Hua Haew Road. I saw no reason to escape, which I could, as I felt 100 % correct. However, golddiggers did not accepted my pictues of my front and back Thai drivers license. I have read some time ago, the bigg boss stated that a picture would be sufficient. 

Your opinion pls as it costed me a good dinner for two. Thanks.

Only DLT approved electronic copies are valid, which means the DLT app, not just a picture.

You couldn't produce a valid driving license, so you were fined for driving without a driving license.

Normally I carry my DL with me but this time my wife took it out of my wallet to check the expiring date. OK, probably I was wrong and not read the article through. Officer writing my name on his doc told me to show the picture again so he could read/write my name. Apparently for the fine, the picture of the DL was good enough.

14 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why didn't you simply show him your license?

Easily fits in a wallet, glovebox or even wedged above the drop down sun visor gizmo.

i always have mine in my wallet.....fits into slots like a visa card....take up no space and is not heavy....

1 hour ago, invex said:

Normally I carry my DL with me but this time my wife took it out of my wallet to check the expiring date. OK, probably I was wrong and not read the article through. Officer writing my name on his doc told me to show the picture again so he could read/write my name. Apparently for the fine, the picture of the DL was good enough.

Give the wife a slap for not putting it back!   LOL

3 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

My car DL always stays in car. My motorbike DL in my wallet for I'd and when ever I jump on my motorbike or wife's scooter I covered.

Wallet seems easy option. 

Never been asked to show either in 7 years.

Have an accident and that's the first thing a cop will ask to see, even if you are lying bleeding on the ground ( happened to me ).

13 hours ago, sherwood said:

Good to know, thanks.

You did have prior warning though.

Another fella on here still thinks it is legal to ride after three months in Thailand on an IDP.

Live and learn.

"thinks" is a bit of an understatement, its like his mission on Earth to convince the rest of humanity to believe!

1 hour ago, invex said:

You're pretty lucky if that's all she took out (but this time my wife took it out of my wallet).

18 minutes ago, BestB said:

Police have already repeatedly said no copy or pics will be accepted , at least 5 topics in the past month and latest just few days ago

But a copy of your passport IS acceptable..................or is it?

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

which means the DLT app, not just a picture.

How about a  picture of the DLp app? beacsue that means I then have to  carry a phone with me also, my  problem is I have 6  vehicles i could be ON/IN at any time and I have to remember to carry my  licence every time, what would be good  would be to have a  copy  just stuck in every vehicle, I don't actually  own a  phone and don't want one.

Archived