Got pulled over, produced image DL, no success.

invex

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

From the OP ...

However, golddiggers did not accepted my pictues of my front and back Thai drivers license.

Try that in a Western country - see how far a picture of your DL gets you ...

Don't  have to show in the UK for a  period  of 7 days which is  more sensible, when ever you  carry "real"  documents with you there is the risk of  losing them. WE have to show at a Police  station of  our  choosing its  called a  "producer" way more convenient less chance of bribes not that that really  happens in the UK for such trivial matters.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But a copy of your passport IS acceptable..................or is it?

Yes and no, depends on who you dealing with . But if copy of passport, must also have the visa page and stamp showing legal status .

when I was caught up in a raid on walking street about 3 years ago, they did not accept paper copies but did accept photo in phone. In my case I did not have pic of visa, only the front page, and was detained 

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Get the DLT QR Licence app on Play Store and register. Then you have your DL on your phone 'legally'.

They want your license in their sticky little hands , otherwise they don't have any bargaining power. Not sure why this is not generally accepted.

10 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

They want your license in their sticky little hands , otherwise they don't have any bargaining power. Not sure why this is not generally accepted.

I did read that the Police cannot now take your licence, if you have one! The App seems to work OK, you scan the QR code on the back and up it comes on your phone. Two problems.....you do not own a phone, or you do not have internet access. Better to carry that small bit of plastic i your car.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ohh you brute, shocked i am , shocked that a fellow member would suggest another member slaps his wife.:cheesy:????????????????:cheesy:????????

While I was overseas, my wife was doing the school run, got pulled over and couldn't produce her DL which was in her purse back home. She was quite p'ssed off about it so she made a point of putting her DL in the junk box between the front seats of the pickup which TBH she hardly uses. Rest assured, she never gets stopped again until about 6 months later, she gets stopped again and in her fluster, she went and paid the fine thinking her DL was at home in her purse. When she came home and regaled me about her latest run-in, I told her to sit down and relax and made her a cup of tea before I reminded her that her DL was still in the truck.

Then she slapped herself.

52 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The new laws passed maybe earlier this week states that with the steady roll-out of automated systems including speed and red-light cameras and tickets in the mail, there's no legal reason for the police to keep your driving license any more.

18 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why didn't you simply show him your license?

Easily fits in a wallet, glovebox or even wedged above the drop down sun visor gizmo.

Maybe I'm missing something here - not an unusual occurrence - but why would anybody drive (in any country in the world) without carrying their driving licence?

6 hours ago, invex said:

my wife took it out of my wallet to check the expiring date

Letter on dining table, reads as per below.

Dear wife, since you took my drivers licence out of my wallet and didn't put it back in again, dinner for two is on you Tiruk ???????? 

Sorted

Don't know what you understand as a " a good dinner for two" but you could have taken a ticket, present the original at the police station and being fined B 400 for not having the valid license on you. 
There is no need to deal with this highway robbery attacks; stay cool and ask for the white slip. You have to see the police station but the crook will go empty-handed (as far as fining you is concerned), the money goes there where it belongs and is usually cheaper than the wild tariffing of those highwaymen ???? 

20 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Get the DLT QR Licence app on Play Store and register. Then you have your DL on your phone 'legally'.

check your licence! Mine is valid but approx. 3 yrs old and it does not have the code on its back yet - then you won't get any further with the DLT app

20 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why didn't you simply show him your license?

Easily fits in a wallet, glovebox or even wedged above the drop down sun visor gizmo.

Was thinking the same thing  myself....a lot easier to carry than a phone?

27 minutes ago, thurien said:

check your licence! Mine is valid but approx. 3 yrs old and it does not have the code on its back yet - then you won't get any further with the DLT app

I believe there is an option somewhere to do it without the QR code....so my GF says.

3 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

Maybe I'm missing something here - not an unusual occurrence - but why would anybody drive (in any country in the world) without carrying their driving licence?

I never carry my licence in UK and most people I know don't there is no need to as the Plod just PNC (Police National Computer) you, they know if you have a valid licence and everything else. 

However... 

When in LOS I have my Thai Motorcycle licence in a waterproof bag with copy of Passport sat with toolkit under bikes seat, love OP's remark later on in thread that its also his Mrs fault for checking his date on licence 555 You had no licence take some responsibility already? 

8 hours ago, invex said:

Normally I carry my DL with me but this time my wife took it out of my wallet to check the expiring date. OK, probably I was wrong and not read the article through. Officer writing my name on his doc told me to show the picture again so he could read/write my name. Apparently for the fine, the picture of the DL was good enough.

"Probably I was wrong and not read the article through"? You think? 

I never carry my licence in my wallet. I have a separate case for carrying my Thai Licences, my Aust drivers licence, my Aust boat drivers licence, all separated from my wallet, that way when I get stopped and they want my licence I do not have to open my wallet for them to see any money

Archived