Oops! Met office chief presents the serious storm news like this!

webfact

Oops! Met office chief presents the serious storm news like this!

1pm2.jpg

Thai  caption: Someone forgot to turn off the effects

Boring updates from the meteorological office seem to be a thing of the past, reported Sanook. 

During a "Facebook live" broadcast on Tuesday someone forgot to turn off the effects button. 

Consequently the staid and serious figure of Director-General Phuwiang Prakhammin got a make-over. 

1pm3.jpg

Picture: Sanook

First he appeared as a cartoon weight lifter then got a beard and hat like a character out of Harry Potter. Then he changed to be Ultraman, got bulging eyes, had a spell as a wolf man and a gangster...he even appeared as an Olympic champion athlete replete with gold medal. 

Frantic efforts at the met office to save the boss embarrassment failed as netizens got screen shots and preserved the gaffe for posterity. 

1pm4.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook noted that the broadcast had its highest ever viewing figures - even if Phuwiang was trying to be serious about tropical storm Kajiki. 

Someone at the met office apologized - they had pressed the wrong button. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-05

I would have to ask why the head of the Met Office is doing a TV broadcast of the weather? Everywhere else in the world this is a low status job commonly given to unqualified but attractive presenters.

But here I know the bigwigs love to cavort in front of the cameras rather than dealing with the serious issues of running large organisations, so quite fitting that he ends up a figure of fun!

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I would have to ask why the head of the Met Office is doing a TV broadcast of the weather? Everywhere else in the world this is a low status job commonly given to unqualified but attractive presenters.

But here I know the bigwigs love to cavort in front of the cameras rather than dealing with the serious issues of running large organisations, so quite fitting that he ends up a figure of fun!

Just for your info' In UK tv weather forecasters are qualified to what is termed a level 3 meteorologist. ( Level 1 is the start point )

This means they are capable of reading and producing weather maps using the information that is gathered to produce them.

Probably a bit different from the USA where the qualifications may be based on a depression of IQ, a large level of frontal mobility and an inate knowledge of low level activity combined with a deep understanding of reduced pressure on a high pressure frontal occlusion.

Archived