BANGKOK

I have been living in Thailand for over 13 years,  and married to a Thai for over ten years as well. My multiple entry Non O visa based on marriage , expired on August 30th. I had gone to Local immigration for a 60 day extension based on marriage which will expire on September 22nd. I had planned on getting a new passport since I only have enough room for an exit stamp at border, which will then leave me with exactly three pages left in my passport. I did not make trip to Bangkok as my chronic back injury became so bad recently that I can barely walk. Is it possible to do a border in and out at the Surin border(with the limited pages left) , and still be allowed to re enter?  If yes, I will  then go to Bangkok U.S Embassy to request new passport. I am planning on going to Savannakhet to get a new 1 year multiple entry non O if this scenario is possible. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, billyburi said:

I had planned on getting a new passport since I only have enough room for an exit stamp at border, which will then leave me with exactly three pages left in my passport.

Is it possible to do a border in and out at the Surin border(with the limited pages left) , and still be allowed to re enter? If yes, I will then go to Bangkok U.S Embassy to request new passport. I am planning on going to Savannakhet to get a new 1 year multiple entry non O if this scenario is possible. Thanks.

No problem, if you have three spare pages left it will be more than enough. 

Does the Bangkok US embassy still add pages to a passport, or do they need to issue a new one?

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. As far as the U.S Embassy , they do not have the add pages service any longer. When pages run down you now must request a new passport. Have a great day!

" We often have problems with US passport as the last three pages are marked Amendment/Endorsement, FYI at Thai/Laos border and at Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet these pages CAN’T be accepted"

• Like 1

I am planning on using the last three pages only to go to Surin/Cambodian border to do a quick in and out return Thailand same day , so I have an additional 30 days to then go to U.S Embassy and order a brand new passport. Is it Ok to use those last three pages for the Surin/Cambodia trip , or you are saying they can't be used ?

Are those last 3 pages marked as for visas at top of the page or "Endorsements / Mentions Speciales / Annotations on the right or left side of the page.

Page 48 in my passport is the last page that says visas.

Hi Ubon Joe. Yes, the last three pages do say endorsements . I'm guessing you are going to tell me that is problem. Hopefully not.

My advice would be to get a new passport before, just to be on the safe side.

10 minutes ago, billyburi said:

Hi Ubon Joe. Yes, the last three pages do say endorsements . I'm guessing you are going to tell me that is problem. Hopefully not.

Those 3 pages are not valid for departure or entry to the country.

You might get lucky and a immigration officer would use one of the pages.

The problem you have is that you need a empty page for the Cambodia visa on arrival. If you have a page for it then I would guess you would have room for departure and entry stamps on some other pages.

1 hour ago, tjo o tjim said:

Does the Bangkok US embassy still add pages to a passport, or do they need to issue a new one?

I read somewhere the additional page option is discontinued.       The new one however  has 51 numbered pages.

• Like 1

How about if I were to get an e Visa online for Cambodia? I have never tried. And yes there is a space here and there in the earlier pages of the passport. But on the fourth to last page there is one space for a departure stamp. Then three last pages. Page 22 has room for an entry and exit, as well as page 28, room for an entry, and exit. Otherwise there is pages 49, 50, and 51 completely empty.

6 minutes ago, billyburi said:

How about if I were to get an e Visa online for Cambodia?

You could but there are only 2 land border crossings where they can be used. Those 2 crossings are Poi Pet and Hat Lek.

It seems your best option now is to get a your new passport applied for now.

You can do it it by mail. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/

To get a little more time you could apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country incase you do not have the new passport before the 22nd.

I would like to consider every option you have mentioned. If I were to go to one of those 2 borders with the E visa can I go anytime between now and the 22nd when my extension expires . Also will those borders allow me to re enter Thailand the same day I exit Thailand? I would probably go directly to Bangkok once I am back in Thailand, and apply for new passport in person. It takes about 2/3 weeks to receive in mail once Ihave applied. I would prefer to cross in Surin as it is much closer. Thanks.

Make sure when you get the new passport to also get a notarized letter from your embassy that the new passport is for the same person the old one was for. This is required so that your visa can be transferred from the old passport to the new. I got a new passport in my home country, not knowing it was required, had a big clusterf*ck when trying to get a reentry stamp for my retirement visa. In the end I left Thailand without the reentry and restarted the visa when I returned. It was cheaper than going to Bangkok, paying the embassy for the letter, etc.

• Like 1