Want to earn extra cash in Thailand? Here's how

webfact

Want to earn extra cash in Thailand? Here's how

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: How to get extra income!

The Thai public have been urged to snitch to make Thailand a better place. 

The Crime Suppression Division have announced eight ways to make more money saying that the public can get 50% of fines for snitching on their neighbors and reporting wrong doing. 

Previously they were just urged to report  motorcyclists on the sidewalk to get extra cash - this has now been widened to reporting people like dog owners, graffiti artists and trucks dropping sand. 

The list of eight ways to earn more money appeared on the CSD fan page on Facebook and went viral on Thai social media inspiring a huge amount of comment, reported Daily News. 

news_iUuaVvlnhE165200_533.jpg

Here are the ways to supplement your income and getting half the fine by reporting:

1. Dog owners who allow their pets to poop in the street and don't pick it up 500 baht fine (get 250)

2. Graffiti artists 5,000 baht fine

3. Trucks dropping sand, gravel and stones 3000 baht fine

4. Souped up vehicles and changing batteries in the street 5,000 baht fine

5. Blocking of entrance ways 5,000 baht fine

6. Vehicles on the sidewalk 5,000 baht fine

7. Dumping old cars in the street 5,000 baht fine

8. Blocking roads (such as reserving spaces outside homes) 10,000 baht fine

The CSD said these were the kind of minor and anti-social offences that the police may not have time for but which have become endemic in Thailand. 

They want to public's help in turning things around. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-05

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Crime Suppression Division have announced eight ways to make more money saying that the public can get 50% of fines for snitching on their neighbors and reporting wrong doing. 

To all the people yesterday saying that what I did was wrong, immoral and deserved severe repercussions from my neighbors, here is the Crime Suppression Division actively encouraging and commending my actions. Thanks guys!

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

I'll take 2,500 every time they do it. This time next week my pockets will be bulging with baht!

Time to set the tripod up!????

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

which have become endemic in Thailand

If this starts, then it's to the police to do this job with priority and strict.

I NEVER saw or see them writing a ticket for such offences.

Thais are generally so selfish and lack any kind of concept of community responsibility that the only way to get them to take care of their country is with financial motivation. It's a good idea. 

In the west people report crime because it's the right thing to do. If Thais do it because it's profitable, so be it. 

This is a good idea.

31 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

If this starts, then it's to the police to do this job with priority and strict.

I NEVER saw or see them writing a ticket for such offences.

I very rarely see them writing tickets at all, but if they do the offender always goes beserk!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

1. Dog owners who allow their pets to poop in the street and don't pick it up 500 baht fine (get 250)

2. Graffiti artists 5,000 baht fine

3. Trucks dropping sand, gravel and stones 3000 baht fine

4. Souped up vehicles and changing batteries in the street 5,000 baht fine

6. Vehicles on the sidewalk 5,000 baht fine

7. Dumping old cars in the street 5,000 baht fine

8. Blocking roads (such as reserving spaces outside homes) 10,000 baht fine

9 Any fantasy you care to name 1000000000000000000 fine ( if ever  paid)

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The CSD said these were the kind of minor and anti-social offences

Help me understand, albeit that may simply be a waste of time for both of us....

How are these _minor_ offences with those massive fines? Yet running red lights, getting clamped, no helmet/license and what have you, aka major problems, get the petty 500 baht treatment...that is of course if it even comes to a ticket.

I swear to god the day I understand thai logic I become englightened beyond anything that's ever been imagined.

Archived