Video: Power saving device is just a fake, says Thailand's electrical authority

webfact

Video: Power saving device is just a fake, says Thailand's electrical authority

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Tests on a device that is meant to save the consumer on their electric bills have proved it to be a piece of fake junk. 

A video issued by the electrical authority showed the "Power Factor Saver" being checked out. 

Far from decreasing bills it would actually raise them by a fraction as the plug in device has a fluorescent light. 

It was far more likely to damage your supply than save you money, they stated. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-05

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my wife gets home i will have to get her to read the above.

Silly <deleted> paid 1200 baht for 1 of these damn things, as much as i tried to tell her waste of money, wont work, all i got was Thai man say i save more 25% on electric bills.

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

When my wife gets home i will have to get her to read the above.

Silly <deleted> paid 1200 baht for 1 of these damn things, as much as i tried to tell her waste of money, wont work, all i got was Thai man say i save more 25% on electric bills.

A slight tap for her?   LOL

6 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

That's got an internal fluorescent light? I think not. 

Yes ,a 2 ft one 🙄.....That the people at the Electrical Authority don't know their LED from

their fluorescence ....says it all,

regards Worgeordie 

Of course it's fake, the same as those insect repellents that plug into a power point. There seems to be zero scrutiny of any product advertised on Thai television. I remember seeing an ad for underpants that had some magnets sown into the crotch that were supposed to improve your sexual performance.

People did not really need to be told, same for those internet speed boosters which actually cut the speed and are merely signal extenders, and the so called mosquito killer lights which do nothing of the sort.

19 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

That's got an internal fluorescent light? I think not. 

These sort of things happen in translation from native script to English regularly. When reading any Thailand derived English language news it is always prudent to keep that in mind.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Of course it's fake, the same as those insect repellents that plug into a power point. There seems to be zero scrutiny of any product advertised on Thai television. I remember seeing an ad for underpants that had some magnets sown into the crotch that were supposed to improve your sexual performance.

You missed the fact that your girlfriend has to wear one as well.

I don't see how a device of that nature would save electricity, but if it has a good capacitor in it, it might save your devices from wearing out faster due to the electrical surges and spikes.  I have LED lights that wax and wane (flicker) due to irregular power.  I installed a large capacitor beside one and have been very pleased with the effect.  I need to do that with several others. 

Archived