Video: Power saving device is just a fake, says Thailand's electrical authority

webfact

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

50 mozzies in a week, wow! That should decimate the mosquito population in no time at all.

I've seen them working in Germany against flies (it had to be cleaned weekly in the summer) but the 2 kind I bought on Lazada definitely doesn't work. I think the original post reffered to the ultrasound insect repellent which I never tried (but I'm skeptical). The one I'm talking about is the one with 1 or more UV lamp and a mesh wire that electrocute the mosquitoes. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's you that's underperforming, not the underpants! 555

Of course it's fake, the same as those insect repellents that plug into a power point. There seems to be zero scrutiny of any product advertised on Thai television. I remember seeing an ad for underpants that had some magnets sown into the crotch that were supposed to improve your sexual performance.

12 hours ago, dallen52 said:

What country uses Black for the live feed, except Thailand. 

Says a lot for the PEA.

Not just Black,over the years,I have seen a rainbow of colours used.

but as they say,Thai electric is different.

regards Worgeordie

On 9/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, Mises said:
On 9/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, Just Weird said:

It's not rubbish, do you think that they do not use any electricity?  He did say "If you have enough of them..."

These small LEDs use less than 0.02W so even if you had 20 on all month it would cost less than 2 baht.  That is the beauty of LED lighting

The beauty of being able to read is to see what I and the poster I responded to actually said!  "If you have enough of them..." were the words, he did not limit it to 20 LEDs, if there are enough of them being used to increase the bill then it will happen!  There would have to be a lot but it could happen, obviously.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, smedly said:

enough of them ? 

well go ahead Einstein - 5 room house with 5 modern Tv's and say 4 other various appliances for an average house all on standby for 50% of 30 days

how must electric did they use and cost in baht at government rate on standby

and for myself I have 2x large tv's and a couple of other items that go on standby, not even worth considering their usage it is so small

Yes, enough of them, and enough of them, regardless of the huge amount would be enough, obviously.

The number that you have in your place is not enough, Jesus....

And less of the "Einstein" which was obviously intended as a derogatory flame, please.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:46 PM, giddyup said:

50 mozzies in a week, wow! That should decimate the mosquito population in no time at all.

inside the house it does. Try one for yourself, if you do not believe it. Actually it is the 365 nanometer frequency of the light, which triggers the mosquitoes.   Read for yourself:

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=VM8MA4E_VT8C&pg=PA856&lpg=PA856&dq=mosquitoes+365+nanometer&source=bl&ots=KD30EDQPlY&sig=ACfU3U3BI3A4rQwCOXkuMxKIqxDDKse06Q&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwimp8uczr3kAhUV2o8KHWqHADoQ6AEwG3oECBIQAQ#v=onepage&q=mosquitoes 365 nanometer&f=false

Archived