BANGKOK
webfact

RTP warns tourists about the dangers of Thailand after tourism minister says it's "completely safe"

I have been lucky in Thailand , in Bangkok, I am pretty safe as I stay with

my Thai relatives, in Jomtien Beach I stay at a couple of good guest houses, and

in Hua Hin I have stayed at some good guest houses as well. My travel clothes are

well used and not fancy, and I do not wear any fancy jewels. Drink only beer and 

order new bottles of it after I use the toilet, less chance to get any additives in the

drink that way. This Chinese guy is lucky he only lost money and not his life.

Chok Dee,  Good Luck.

Geezer

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, webfact said:

completely safe

This is the very phrase backpackers use, it means "I wasn't robbed or raped."

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 10:40 AM, webfact said:

Klong Tan police said the tourist did not remember the number of the cab.

He fell asleep and recovered his senses to find himself lying next to the C Ekkamai condominium in Ekkamai Soi 12.

Valuables worth 3,621,000 were missing and he went to Klong Tan police. 

It was not reported exactly what was missing.

That 3.621 million baht of missing valuables doesn't include the brain that obviously went missing a bit earlier.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, spidermike007 said:

The tourism minister lives in a different world than most of us do. He lives in an Ivory Tower, and is completely shielded from the world we live in. He has no idea about the reality of life on the ground. He just says stuff, in a hapless effort to promote tourism, without even the pale shadow of consequence. As of four years ago, these assets were just a partial list of what he has disclosed.

Holdings of Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn  
Name Equities % Valuation
th.png PTG Energy PCL (PTG) 65,650,000 3.93% 17,340,135 USD
th.png AMA Marine PCL (AMAm) 78,240,000 15.1% 10,861,277 USD
th.png AMA Marine PCL (AMA)
Marine Freight & Logistics 
78,240,000 15.1% 10,861,277 USD

https://www.marketscreener.com/business-leaders/Phiphat-Ratchakitprakarn-0GH3G1-E/biography/

Looking at those numbers, does anyone have any clue as to how he became a government minister?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Looking at those numbers, does anyone have any clue as to how he became a government minister?

by having the "right" friends at the right places at the right time

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

by having the "right" friends at the right places at the right time

Oh... so the money doesn't factor into it? Always happy to learn that it's all democratic, legal and above board here.

NB: I am still not happy.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh... so the money doesn't factor into it? Always happy to learn that it's all democratic, legal and above board here.

NB: I am still not happy.

The money can be factored in if it is properly handled 😉

We have to excuse the minister for tourism, it's not his fault, how would he know, he is not a tourist!

I would say that Thailand is like many other countries but just like those countries you have to be diligent and do not go somewhere that you may face danger, lonely soi with minimal lighting etc etc. The mu-ban that i stay in has had several homes broken into and one was on the main drive 50m from the so called security. guess this can happen anywhere but the security check every hour and their are cameras all over the place kinda makes you wonder

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

I would say that Thailand is like many other countries but just like those countries you have to be diligent and do not go somewhere that you may face danger, lonely soi with minimal lighting etc etc. The mu-ban that i stay in has had several homes broken into and one was on the main drive 50m from the so called security. guess this can happen anywhere but the security check every hour and their are cameras all over the place kinda makes you wonder

bars on windows on most houses, i've had break in, we only had bars on the first floor not the second floor, so a robber climbed up and went in, and 2 bikes stolen in 3 years, robbery and snatch attempts not far from our house (live in the darkside )