New Passport - Visa Transfer Questions

Hi All,

I am in the process of renewing my British Passport and my Non Imm B visa/extension of stay expires in November. I have a few questions I'd be grateful if the TV experts can advise on:

1. When I receive my new passport am I obliged to immediately get my visa transferred into my new passport or can I carry around 2 passports and get the visa transferred when I renew my visa in November?

2. If it's Ok to carry 2 passports and wait until November, would I be able to travel overseas before then? E.g. Get the re-entry permit stamped in my new passport whilst the visa remains in my old passport?

3. If I need to transfer the visa now, is this something that can be done at any Immigration Office or does it need to happen at Chaeng Wattana?

4. The last time I was in this position (10 years ago) I did a border crossing into Cambodia carrying 2 passports and they transferred the visa into my new passport at the border. If I need to travel overseas before November is this something I could do at Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi before I fly (i.e. get the visa transferred to my new passport and get a re-entry permit at the same time)?

Many thanks in advance.

Maybe not much help on your questions, but when I renewed my passport here, I just kept/carried both until my next 90-day when they transferred to Retirement extension (originally converted from a Non-Imm. A visa) from the old passport to the new passport. I don't know about the question about going overseas as I didn't need to do this in the period between the renewal and the "next" 90-day.

Just now, safarimike11 said:

Maybe not much help on your questions, but when I renewed my passport here, I just kept/carried both until my next 90-day when they transferred to Retirement extension (originally converted from a Non-Imm. A visa) from the old passport to the new passport. I don't know about the question about going overseas as I didn't need to do this in the period between the renewal and the "next" 90-day.

(the retirement extension)