Video: Shots fired in dramatic police chase through downtown Pattaya last night

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Poor police procedure.

The girl should have  been handcuffed  right away . Not going around at her boyfriend driver.

They should be kept separate for interrogation.

Just put the driver on the ground and handcuff him in the back.

And maybe one of the cop can shut down the siren instead of walking around doing nothing.

But , I am still positive, they got them !

Thai cops follow the car chase procedure like "LIVE PD", as many cars as possible and sirens to make it sound like they actually are making an arrest. 

13 hours ago, kuma said:

More like being in Baltimore Los Angeles or St Louis or Wichita or San Antonio take your pick....

Nah.. I'm from Los Angeles. Cops here are passive and the perpetrators are handled with kit gloves. Child's play. If you know anything about police in Los Angeles, or any other place you mentioned of forgot to mention, you know someone is dead and if they lucky to survive multiple rounds they get beaten half to death or to death on the way. They try to prevent overcrowding in their jails anyway they can...

18 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

St. Louis ribs are very dark.  Is there a hidden message here?  Can I peek from my safe space and scream racism yet?

...the OP..said 'take your pick'..i wouldn't know one US place from the next, and oh yes I am not racist.

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

The car was riddled with bullet holes! Wow!  So how many were fired and how many missed the car altogether???  I have a  memory of a video taken not so long ago of a cop shooting out the tires on another car on Beach Rd in the vicinity of Soil 9.....   ????

The clip did not show any, and looks like the Motorbike Taxi guy lead the chase and did the arrest...

Wonder if the fugitives were armed??? If not then why were the Keystone Kops firing? Lucky no one was injured or killed. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, looking for LIFE insurance said:

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll repeat it often,

This country is slowly turning into America.  Not in a good way.

Drugs are out of control and virtually unstoppable.  People are committing violent road rage more often.  The U.S installed  the current biometric system in the airport.  The U.S Embassy is linked to Thai immigration, they can see every trip in/out of Thailand.

I am not pro-America, not anti-America. Not pro-Thai, not anti-Thai.  Just stating my observations while living here 20 years.

I love everybody and God bless you all!

''This country is slowly turning into America.  Not in a good way.''

thailand had more murders per capita than US and higher gun murder rate than US before.

road rages, shootings, drugs, drug trafficking, drug gangs has always been in thailand, for someone who has lived here for 20 years im suprised you dont know that.

90% of all shootings, road rages, murders etc is not published on english speaking thai news, so if someone cant speak/read thai im not suprised they dont know what is happening in thailand before and now.

example of news that did not get published to english news sites.

in songkhla some week ago a couple got shot in road rage, few days later 2 shot dead 2 injured in a shooting because the victims revved their car engine (counts as road rage?) now yesterday 13 year old boy shot in face in road rage over bike engine revving.

friend of mine lost 2 of his friends not to long ago in a road rage stabbing, the stabber is an ex celebrity. happend in chonburi.

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/east/1486060

On 9/5/2019 at 9:25 AM, spidermike007 said:

One would have thought this was a police chase in America. That is basically what happens when you flee the police there. I have driven away from the police here, and none have ever bothered to follow me, much less shoot at me. Over a trivial amount of drugs? Really? Have these guys been watching too many movies? Or have they been watching the news about American cops, and wanted to emulate their aggression? 

police shooting fleeing cars, police shootings, police getting shoot happens regulary, you and most expats and tourists just never hear or see news about them, because most of such news is not published on english news sites about thailand

On 9/6/2019 at 6:04 AM, Reigntax said:

Not if the RTP are aiming at you!

they aimed at the tires, not the suspects, cops is really careful of being in the wrong as their reputation is really bad. that is why many times suspects are barely put in handcuffs or treated bad, not always but most times.

Archived