TM30 Online questions

Had a search for these but could not fine in previous posts:
1 when registering for TM30 online user and password, what document(s) have to be attached please?

2 What is the TM30 app on android called, can only find TM38?

many thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

TM30 process is a rip-off and a means to harass foreigners

My wife submitted a TM30 Registration application online and the application listed as waiting for an email confirmation which immigration never sent.

After 2 days I instructed my wife to phone immigration and they told her she would have to attend the office to complete the registration.

The online registration is a fraud and a total sham.

My wife had to travel to the immigration office and spend several hours while they 'fooled around' requesting documents which were already in the possession of immigration including copies of passports, visas, entry form, and last visa extension. All these documents are already in the possession of immigration from the annual visa extension. Then they demanded she pay a fine as well, which is probably a very high amount for non-Thais.

The TM30 process is a disgrace and a means to harass the full range of visitors.

There is no earthly reason for such a process for long stay visas for people who have a permanent address who report their address to immigration at least 5 times a year with visa extension and 90 day reporting.

The whole TM30 process is a rip-off and a harassment of foreigners. The TM30 registration process online is a fraud and a sham.

I expect a lot of foreigners will leave and won't bother coming back after getting harassed and ripped off over TM30.

You need to post same again.. as your topic was closed?

Sorry but you write a lot of things which are untrue... online fraud????

• Like 1

I registered our house for TM30 online about 2 weeks ago and then got the login/password after 1 week.

The house is on my wife's name. These documents (scans) were needed for the registration:

1. Id card (of the wife)

2. House registration book, 1st page

Note: this was for a house in Bangkok, probably issued by the main immigration office in Chaengwattana.

Later on, I also filed the TM30 form online with some help of Thai HR staff at my work.

HR at my work yesterday registered several colleagues' condos and houses for TM 30 online,

and got the passwords within 2 hours. (!) Maybe some guys got their asses kicked and were told to speed it up.

That being said, of course I agree with all posters that this is harassment, and completely insane.

Just sharing my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must admit we had a very pleasant surprise at Surin immigration.  We have just moved back from living in Kanchanaburi to return to my wifes house in Surin  (financial reasons sadly) Anyway apart from the 180k round trip we were welcomed with smiles at the Crime Supression unit. I produced my Passport and Ning her Blue book. A young officer entered the house details on his computer and gave me a slip of paper with a unique number on it to staple in my passport. He then asked Ning to scan a QR code on the wall which we could install from Google play store The App was simply named Section 38. He shook my hand, Waid Ning and that was that. The worst part was being dragged around Chong Chom market.

Steve,

Edited by Varrius
poor grammer
  • Like 1

OP > When registering for TM30 online user and password, what document(s) have to be attached please?

I uploaded a scan of front- and backside of my girlfriend's ID-card as well as a scan of the housebook, of which she is the owner.

And also filled in all the other information needed for registering.  Note: I wondered about the 'name of the house' but it seems that's just for identifying your file, so I simply used the name of the village where we live.

It took 5 weeks before I received the username:password, but several posts on this Forum indicate that it goes much quicker now.

When you are registered, and fill in your first TM30 I was somewhat frustrated because when I filled in the data directly on the site, everything disappeared when I clicked save.  I was only able to upload my data when I made use of the TM-30 Excel-sheet which can be downloaded separately.  Which is actually a good thing because afterwards when filing new TM30's you do not have to input all data again, but only have to change the date on that Excel-sheet and upload it again.

Edited by Peter Denis

5 hours ago, Advocate said:

I have lived and worked in 12+ countries and I have never experienced a process like TM30 or the 90 day reporting in any other country.

Indeed, there is no such requirement in most countries. However, there are similar requirements in China and Russia. 

6 hours ago, Advocate said:

Yes, its a fraud designed to rip people off and harass them. There will be countless people being stopped and ripped off with fines at the airport.

So just to be clear immigration at the airport do not give two monkeys about valid TM30 filing, so the "countless" people at the airport being fined will be a pretty small number ie Zero. They do however check for overstays but that's a different issue.

I think this is a total over reaction, and I think if the admin' is too much for you then you should consider moving out of Thailand, perhaps to one of the 12+ countries you've apparently worked in, or even back to your home country.

As far as it being a scam, I don't see that. If you comply with the requirements there is no fine.....If you choose not to comply and get fined then its up to you as they say.

Is it inconvenient , then would have to agree yes, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Advocate said:

TM30 process is a rip-off and a means to harass foreigners

My wife submitted a TM30 Registration application online and the application listed as waiting for an email confirmation which immigration never sent.

After 2 days I instructed my wife to phone immigration and they told her she would have to attend the office to complete the registration.

The online registration is a fraud and a total sham.

My wife had to travel to the immigration office and spend several hours while they 'fooled around' requesting documents which were already in the possession of immigration including copies of passports, visas, entry form, and last visa extension. All these documents are already in the possession of immigration from the annual visa extension. Then they demanded she pay a fine as well, which is probably a very high amount for non-Thais.

The TM30 process is a disgrace and a means to harass the full range of visitors.

There is no earthly reason for such a process for long stay visas for people who have a permanent address who report their address to immigration at least 5 times a year with visa extension and 90 day reporting.

The whole TM30 process is a rip-off and a harassment of foreigners. The TM30 registration process online is a fraud and a sham.

I expect a lot of foreigners will leave and won't bother coming back after getting harassed and ripped off over TM30.

You said your wife tried to register online, and later she got fined. She's a that national,not a farang. 

If she is the owner/landlord, she just has to submit copies from her blue housebook and her Thai ID-card.

It's nice for a change when they fine a Thai person instead of another farang. That's the way it should be. I don't think people will leave because of the TM30 mess, even if it's annoying.

I registered last Wednesday for a TM30 online account and got the username/password instantly, within seconds.

The biggest problem was to compress the tabien baan and ID pics to not exceed the 1MB size limit.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, Jaxxper said:

So just to be clear immigration at the airport do not give two monkeys about valid TM30 filing, so the "countless" people at the airport being fined will be a pretty small number ie Zero. They do however check for overstays but that's a different issue.

I think this is a total over reaction, and I think if the admin' is too much for you then you should consider moving out of Thailand, perhaps to one of the 12+ countries you've apparently worked in, or even back to your home country.

As far as it being a scam, I don't see that. If you comply with the requirements there is no fine.....If you choose not to comply and get fined then its up to you as they say.

Is it inconvenient , then would have to agree yes, but it is what it is.

I am astonished that so many posters are so accepting of additional layers of intrusive, time wasting, bureaucracy with the TM30 process. Anybody who has been to Immigration at Chaengwattana with the chaotic entry and queueing process and lack of parking will not appreciate the opportunity for another instance of a need to personally communicate with immigration officials.

My wife had to spend hours at the immigration office because of this TM30 nonsense. There was no need for this. It should have been able to be done online with an online payment system for fines. In my wife's case, they demanded her attendance at the immigration office after failing to send the registration authorization email the immigration online service said was being sent.

Parking at Chaengwattana is problematic because the process is inefficient and time-wasting and people are at the office much longer than they should be.

All of the additional paperwork and documentation associated with TM 30 is meaningless creation of mountains of waste paper and/or database information that nobody will ever look at.

Any interaction with a Thai immigration officer is fraught with risk because they can choose to be overbearing, obnoxious, and pedantic with their demands.

6 minutes ago, Advocate said:

I am astonished that so many posters are so accepting of additional layers of intrusive, time wasting, bureaucracy with the TM30 process. Anybody who has been to Immigration at Chaengwattana with the chaotic entry and queueing process and lack of parking will not appreciate the opportunity for another instance of a need to personally communicate with immigration officials.

My wife had to spend hours at the immigration office because of this TM30 nonsense. There was no need for this. It should have been able to be done online with an online payment system for fines. In my wife's case, they demanded her attendance at the immigration office after failing to send the registration authorization email the immigration online service said was being sent.

Parking at Chaengwattana is problematic because the process is inefficient and time-wasting and people are at the office much longer than they should be.

All of the additional paperwork and documentation associated with TM 30 is meaningless creation of mountains of waste paper and/or database information that nobody will ever look at.

Any interaction with a Thai immigration officer is fraught with risk because they can choose to be overbearing, obnoxious, and pedantic with their demands.

You are right about CW, but they are enforcing the TM30 reporting because of orders from the Department of Immigration early this year, and they are doing it by the book.