BANGKOK
volstateguy

Denied ED Visa at Savannakhet

I'm currently in Savannakhet to get a Non-O ED Visa for thai language and was denied because I'm told that my school and 12 others have just been blacklisted for issuing ED Visa.   I was enrolled at pro language pattaya.  Seems the crackdown on language schools is getting even tougher.  Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do.   

Edited by volstateguy

Oh well, either look at other legitimate schools or apply for an appropriate visa that represents your circumstance and requirements.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Oh well, either look at other legitimate schools or apply for an appropriate visa that represents your circumstance and requirements.

I wish I was 50 already so I could get a retirement Visa 

• Like 1

" was denied because I'm told that my school and 12 others have just been blacklisted "

Anybody knows wich 12 schools are on the blacklist?

Just now, spiekerjozef said:

" was denied because I'm told that my school and 12 others have just been blacklisted "

Anybody knows wich 12 schools are on the blacklist?

I would guess all the ones with many branches 

Pro is actually a good school with good teaching , but I guess it gets abused. 

OP, come back on visa exempt and enroll into uni language program. Might cost more but you might actually learn the language as well

• Thanks 1

Do you happen to have a list of the schools involved?

Oops, question has been asked already...

this pro language school has a bad name w immigration. I attended pro language in Bkk 3 yrs ago. I got stopped at suvarnabumi and I overheard the immigration officer mentioning I had an ed visa from pro language, this was 3 yrs ago. I thought they would not be in business anymore.

Sounds like pro language pattaya pulled a fast one on you......I would give them a piece if of mind and make a big fuss about it as more likely their answer being Thais and all are going to be "we didn't know we were on a school blacklist'....SORRY!!!!...........thanks for your money...

5 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Sounds like pro language pattaya pulled a fast one on you......I would give them a piece if of mind and make a big fuss about it as more likely their answer being Thais and all are going to be "we didn't know we were on a school blacklist'....SORRY!!!!...........thanks for your money...

normally you only pay after you get the ed visa approved. OP now has to find another solution.

51 minutes ago, 3421abc said:

normally you only pay after you get the ed visa approved.

I very much doubt that this is true.

1 hour ago, 3421abc said:

this pro language school has a bad name w immigration. I attended pro language in Bkk 3 yrs ago. I got stopped at suvarnabumi and I overheard the immigration officer mentioning I had an ed visa from pro language, this was 3 yrs ago. I thought they would not be in business anymore.

And that makes you think Pro Language school has a bad name with immigration? 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I understand your thinking ,  but never wish to be older because life goes too fast as it is.  

You must be joking....The day I turned 50 was one of the happiest days of my life here.... 

• Haha 2