Pattaya: Hundreds of tour guides nabbed to "raise standards in Pattaya"

webfact

I am wondering how a tour group from India manages to enjoy their tour of Pattaya and other cultural centres of Thailand if the tour guide is Thai and cannot speak Hindi, or any of the dozens of languages and dialects. Are they allowed an Indian assistant who can speak Thai? Can Thais speak Burmese, Mandarin, Japanese? 
Having worked in Tourism industry I doubt if these tour operators, except Germans and UK will ever have appropriately trained, licensed and respectable tour guides,so far haven't heard anything halfway decent..... Sure there would be some.... somewhere....in bigger Tour Operators, I think..,..like on LinkedIn etc!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar and Misunderstandings!
Best
Hash

45 minutes ago, hashmodha said:

Having worked in Tourism industry I doubt if these tour operators, except Germans and UK will ever have appropriately trained, licensed and respectable tour guides,so far haven't heard anything halfway decent..... Sure there would be some.... somewhere....in bigger Tour Operators, I think..,..like on LinkedIn etc!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar and Misunderstandings!
Best
Hash

No speling errers, acceptible grammer and fully stood under.  Go to the top of the class. :tongue: 

17 hours ago, champers said:

The first paragraph says that 475 guides have been fined. If the fine was ฿1,000, that’s ฿47,500,000! Enough to buy more hardware to control the rabble!

17 hours ago, champers said:

Woz you no gud at sums in skool?

Probably had trouble with "gozintos" too.  ????  (as is Jethro's name for long division in The Beverly Hillbillies TV show.)  

On 9/6/2019 at 12:14 AM, ratcatcher said:

Can Thais speak Burmese, Mandarin, Japanese? 

Have worked at universities in Thailand, including Burapha and yes some do speak the languages you mentioned and very well, I must add.  Usually, they must take another language as well as English.

'nuf sed.

6 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Have worked at universities in Thailand, including Burapha and yes some do speak the languages you mentioned and very well, I must add.  Usually, they must take another language as well as English.

'nuf sed.

I am sure those attending universities can speak those languages competently, but I doubt their career aspirations rise to the level of a tour guide dragging hordes of Chinese tourists along Pattaya's pristine beaches. 

Archived