Wife stands by her man after 4 million baht bank robbery goes wrong

webfact

Wife stands by her man after 4 million baht bank robbery goes wrong

10pm.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai wife has stood by her husband expressing shock that he would try and rob a bank. 

Natdanai Somboon, 40, had gone out yesterday morning telling his wife that he was off to the land department office to sort out problems associated with his debts. 

There seemed nothing out of the ordinary for "Poo", 34, who was cradling the couple's four month old son. 

Instead of going to the land department Natdanai went to the Bangkok Bank branch on the Sri Racha to Nong Yai Bu road in Sri Racha. 

CCTV showed him park a motorcycle, enter the bank, take a ticket then vault the counter armed with a knife and help himself to 4 million baht as startled staff darted off. 

But he couldn't get out of the bank after the doors were locked automatically. He tried to escape on the second floor but was soon in police custody and doing a re-enactment. 

10pm1.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reporters went to the couple's house where they found "Poo" shocked and in tears. She said that her husband was a good man who didn't smoke or drink but who was 800,000 baht in debt. 

He had always worked hard, she said.

The couple faced repossession of their house but she had no idea that he would resort to robbing a bank to get them out of their financial plight. 

She now faces bringing up their son alone. 

Sources: Thai Rath | Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-06

Thai caption: Bank robbery reenactment

another THAI family living above their means, think its ok to rob a bank, recent survey shows thai household debt is through the roof. very often i see adverts where one is selling a vehicle where they cannot keep up the payments, and wants the buyer to take over repayments.

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

another THAI family living above their means, think its ok to rob a bank, recent survey shows thai household debt is through the roof. very often i see adverts where one is selling a vehicle where they cannot keep up the payments, and wants the buyer to take over repayments.

The system is broken, a friend of a friend came   to me to help them make  3 overdue payments on there wave which is only 4 months old, not payed a bean on  it, i politely refrained from this offer, and indeed the wave went back, but guess what now they gave another new Wave but this time a blue one, so in 4 months time i wont answer the door, as i say the system is broken

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Natdanai Somboon, 40, had gone out yesterday morning telling his wife that he was off to the land department office to sort out problems associated with his debts.

Just a normal domestic communication thing !

14 hours ago, Almer said:

The system is broken, a friend of a friend came   to me to help them make  3 overdue payments on there wave which is only 4 months old, not payed a bean on  it, i politely refrained from this offer, and indeed the wave went back, but guess what now they gave another new Wave but this time a blue one, so in 4 months time i wont answer the door, as i say the system is broken

I often wondered how so many people who lived in rather basic accommodation could afford the latest PCX, and it is not a cheap bike, overpriced if anything. Easy credit apparently.

2 hours ago, balo said:

So the safe was open ? Looks to easy to me for a bank robber . If it wasnt for the locked doors he could have escaped. 

"CCTV showed him...vault the counter armed with a knife and help himself to 4 million baht as startled staff darted off".

Banks keep counter cash with the cashiers, not in the safe, they don't have the main safe behind the counter.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, sweatalot said:

Very sad.

They give bail for murderers, 

refuse to hunt for ferrari driving killers 

and put mushroom collectors in prison,

what will they do with him? (and his family)

On that same note, comments here in accuses him, makes jokes etc without even knowing what his plight is.

No, I am NOT supporting Bank robbers or any other.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:39 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yup, another guy who just thought, I will rob a bank, how hard can it be.

Well guess he found out. Oh and money is quite important in Thailand,

I imagine he will be in Jail for a while..

Geezer

Sir, in which country is money not important? Pray, tell me.

Archived