Well-behaved prisoners brought out to clean sewers

Rimmer

3 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

This could have the aternate advantage of putting many off prison
Knowing that they may be subjected to working while entering the penal system could be more of a preventative than the prison term itself.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

So would cutting their hands off.  You're not for that, are you?

Mine was meant as a light hearted generalization of the male Thai populace that doesn't want to work

As for cutting off hands, yes I would

I'm more of a hanging man myself than a liberal bleeding heart that thinks you can change certain mindsets with courses and soft music therapy.......

Horrific work, often all day long under tropical sun. Often totally unprotected with middle aged methods. I am all for punishment, but this is over the top. Watched this often in BKK and recently few times in Pattaya. They seem to be in ok spirits, surprisingly. Dealing with sh..., snakes, rats and more. 

No greater pleasure at such encounters than getting off my bike, walking into the next 7/11 and buying 10 big bottles of coke. Never was stopped handing them out to the groups of prisoners by any of the few guards hanging out nearby in the shadow of a local restaurant or such. In fact many thumbs up and quite a few grateful Wais or shouts.... Feel free to copy me. MS>

1 minute ago, Thrip said:

Take note everyone. If you end up in a Thai prison do not behave well.

haha i know, all those model prisoners doing their best to behave well and stay out of trouble and they end up having to clean the sewers; seriously disgusting work and without the correct protective clothing and hygienic measures they could end up getting seriously ill.

On 9/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, 4675636b596f75 said:
On 9/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, Anythingleft? said:

This could have the aternate advantage of putting many off prison
Knowing that they may be subjected to working while entering the penal system could be more of a preventative than the prison term itself.....

Theres nothing like attempting to counter a sensible argument with an outlandish, extreme and unrealistic argument to try and make your point, unfortunately the lack of critical and balanced thought becomes obvious when the ridiculous is used as an example....

Theres nothing like attempting to counter a sensible argument with an outlandish, extreme and unrealistic argument to try and make your point, unfortunately the lack of critical and balanced thought becomes obvious when the ridiculous is used as an example....

It would only be an outlandish and unrealistic comment if was not a penalty still being used today and had been abolished worldwide

Sharia law can be pretty brutal.....

Archived