Black lagoon proves tough to budge

Rimmer

Black lagoon proves tough to budge

p1-N-Sept-02-01-1000-EM-balls-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Following a recent visit by Chonburi Governor Pakarathorn Thienchai to the site of a large pool of fetid water that had formed on a Najomtien beach, Sattahip officials were called back to the scene on Sept. 2 to dispatch 1000 more EM (Effective Micro-organism) balls into Klong Nammao in Soi Najomtien 14, the source of the waste water. The micro-organisms in these mud balls are believed to help rid polluted floodwater of foul odors caused by a build-up of unwanted fat, protein, starch and ‘bad’ bacteria, thus improving its quality.

Klong (canal) Nammao is a natural water course draining out into the sea but recent high winds have led to a build-up of sand close to its mouth and resulted in the waste water forming a putrid pool on the popular beach, affecting both tourists and local businesses alike.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/black-lagoon-proves-tough-to-budge-263563

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-06--

18 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Klong (canal) Nammao is a natural water course draining out into the sea but recent high winds have led to a build-up of sand close to its mouth and resulted in the waste water forming a putrid pool on the popular beach, affecting both tourists and local businesses alike.

So Mother Nature worked to expose what goes into the sea,without the

water been blocked it would have been business as usual,they are going

to need more balls if they are going to solve this problem.

regards Worgeordie

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They would probably do better using aerators in the area, unless the EM balls can work under anaerobic conditions. In other countries, it's called a septic tank.

AS far as I remember, they do work in anaerobic conditions.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Rimmer said:

Klong (canal) Nammao is a natural water course draining out into the sea

The Klong may be a natural water course, but the water in it is anything but....

Time to bite the bullet and fine all polluters of waterways. Then, miraculously, water treatment works will be built.

20 hours ago, oxforddiver said:

This is so easy, just throw in around 30 gals of chlorine, next morning it will be clear. But don't swim in it.

Any fule kno a swimming pool engineer will solve this one.

Well I just used a cup of the powder when I found a dead rat in my water barrel... cleared up quite well. 

Archived