Thailand's foreign businesses balk at stricter immigration tracking

webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not disputing what you say but why is it that they want to get rid of the married and retired?  We may not all contribute large amounts but there must be a steady flow of extra money in the long term. It might be less than from tourists but it's not just for a couple of weeks and we are more likely to be here next year than a tourist.  Especially if we're made to feel welcome. 

Family reunion is a human right. But TIT, a banana republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, CLS said:

Family reunion is a human right. But TIT, a banana republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In which country is family reunion a human right?

I agree that it should be, but it isn't.  Not here, not anywhere.  Nothing to do with tits or banana republics.

5 minutes ago, CLS said:

Thanks for the link that explains all the conditions that need to be met.  So it is far from being a fundamental or automatic right.  

Thailand was a pretty cool place up until about 5-6 years ago. When the banks started getting greedy it started going down hill FAST.. Now with the new government it is taking a nose dive...

I really don't understand it?

Look, I've been a resident in Thailand for maybe 13 years. I understand that's not a long time, but I love it here.  Every day for me is it's own little adventure.

For sure I hate driving around Bangkok (Krungthep), but I've learned to assimilate to a different driving style.

Maybe this should extend to a different style of life here,

I hate to resort to the old "love it or leave it" mentality, but really if you can't accept things here, maybe Majorca or maybe Lisbon is better suited for you.

Many countries require immediate reporting of your time away from home and your return - IF you are on parole or a registered sex offender. I think all expats in Thailand are assumed to fit the latter category, guilty or not.

2 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Many countries require immediate reporting of your time away from home and your return - IF you are on parole or a registered sex offender. I think all expats in Thailand are assumed to fit the latter category, guilty or not.

This is maybe the best post of thousands about this TM30/TM28 stuff. 

This should go viral on social media. 

18 hours ago, Jacob Ree Smog said:

Oh my, I've been hearing a lot about this TM30 hoo-ha over the last few months. Can't say I've ever done one nor plan to do one in the future. I'm predicting that in six months time or so this nonsense shall be dropped completely due to pressures from business and local Thai people losing money. None of my fellow peers have every filled one out either. It all seems a tad silly in this day and age.

I agree total waste of time, in the last 30 years here there have been many of those rules that after a few months fizzed away...

If I see another "I dont know what the issue is" or "I will never do a TM30" comment, I think I will scream.

IF you have been lucky enough to live somewhere where TM30 is not enforced, good luck to you, enjoy it while it lasts.

At some point in time there is a pretty good chance that your local office will start enforcing the TM30.

Then you will, "know what the issue is" and "will have no choice" in doing a TM30.

Enforcement in Bangkok is a recent thing, for other areas (Chaing Mai, Pattaya etc) it has been enforced for a couple of years now, ever since the shrine bombings. A couple of years ago TM30 threads were full of people from Bangkok making the "whats the issue" or " I wont ever do one" comments. Now its Bangkok people up in arms.

I have a TM30 reciept, in my box of immigration rubbish, dated 6 years ago from when I moved into GFs house. 4 years ago, I lived at Siracha and couldn't do a 90 day report because I didn't have a TM30.

Its not a new law, and for many of us, its not even new enforcement. 

18 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

All laughing aside, the tm30 requirement does make it difficult for a person like that to find a place to stay. He cant stay in hotels or guest houses so that either leaves dodgy places, houses of friends (would you let a murderer in?), or the streets. 

All laughing aside, who in their right mind would let a suspected murdered out on bail to the equivalent of $6,500 USD?

20 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Great, keep  up the pressure on the mindless nonsense, idiots  who brought this "back in" well done jfcct now come on  EMBASSIES show us what you've  got?

No BALLS that what embassies have got.

When I lived in Rome and before finding a long-term rental, I stayed in a hotel. Every evening the Carrabinieri would drive up to the hotel (all hotels) and pick up the manifesto, who was staying and passport details. This was in 1983. The hotels paid for this service. 

23 minutes ago, the guest said:

The message is spreading, why would foreigners come to Thailand to be treated like criminals ?

Vietnam and Cambodia are loving it, more tourists pouring in without the <deleted>.

Wrong . I guess you missed the article on another thread running right now about Asian  beaches empty and specifically empty hotel rooms in vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand but hey dont let facts ruin a make beleive story

27 minutes ago, madmen said:

Dude why not start a new thread on this .I doubt anyone is aware of this

Because i want them to move there, to suffer, and report back.

Who's too narrow minded to even read about the basics of neighbouring countries before moving over will make for some great threads here.

Here's already one: 

a great read, no offense to op but it entertained me.

PS: I looked at all these countries in countless hours, and others here did too - if there would be something better i wouldn't be here - but there isn't.

If you have enough money than Thailand is by far the best, the other country can only make  sense if you are on a budget and want to make tradeoffs.

Edit: 

Visa situation there is also changing...ohhh surprise surprise...

Archived