International Fiber Speeds: 3BB Vs. Competitors etc.

ElephantEgo

Do you all rent or buy your Modem and Router?

Is the deal similar to how it is in the US where to rent you pay like 10% per month of the modem router combo device (they call it a gateway here). The benefit is that you can just upgrade to the latest and greatest gateway for free whenever a new one is out.

With the free fiber router you get from 3bb infinite 100/100 program . Can you configure the router with own DNS (getting the dns from SMART proxy dns) and adding static route. Sorry I am unfamiliar with fiber routers.

I am thinking of subscribing to 3bb finite 100/100 613 baht plan and had the above questions cause I have SMART proxy dns service) . I am moving from Sinet ADSL. 

2 minutes ago, phungo said:
On 9/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, jackdd said:
If you signup for a one year contract you get a free router (which you have to return it when your contract is over)

Do I need to buy or rent the modem? does the router include the modem in it?

Same as the router, they give it to you for free while you have the contract (AIS gives the customer a seperate modem + router, maybe some other provider has routers with integrated modem)

14 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

With the free fiber router you get from 3bb infinite 100/100 program . Can you configure the router with own DNS (getting the dns from SMART proxy dns) and adding static route. Sorry I am unfamiliar with fiber routers.

I am thinking of subscribing to 3bb finite 100/100 613 baht plan and had the above questions cause I have SMART proxy dns service) . I am moving from Sinet ADSL. 

Cannot set your own DNS in the router they give. I have a separate router connected by LAN cable to their router/modem which I can set the DNS on properly.

Archived