London court rejects bid to stop PM Johnson's suspension of parliament

snoop1130

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The link provided is more than telling.

A link/vid of the guy at work frequenting Wethspoons pubs wherever he went to be told by customers in all these places their thoughts on Brexit and the owner of the pubs is beyond belief...Up to you if you believe it..

12 minutes ago, transam said:

A link/vid of the guy at work frequenting Wethspoons pubs wherever he went to be told by customers in all these places their thoughts on Brexit and the owner of the pubs is beyond belief...Up to you if you believe it..

You really have comprehension issues.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, 7by7 said:

voted against it because it removed the UK f

On 9/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, 7by7 said:

You claimed to have previously produced a list of 40 objections to May's agreement; yet when asked to reproduce just one, you have failed to do so!

The labour opposition voted against it because it removed the UK from the customs union, and they believed we would be better off in it.

Various others voted against it for a number of reasons.

Rees-Mogg and his ERG voted against for their own personal ambitions and profit.

"Did any ERG defect to the rabid Remainer cabal, which is still plotting to overturn the referendum? "

No, because they seem to have achieved their aims.

Last march Rees-Mogg alone was estimated to have made £7 million pounds from his investment with Somerset Capital since the referendum. You remember, the one which opened an account in Dublin so they could still profit from EU membership after Brexit.

Boris, of course, after deliberating on which course of action to take before the referendum has now seen all his plotting come to fruition.

"Yes it’s still LAB and Remain cowardice. Can’t be common sense because they keep changing their minds and their political allegiances. That’s cowardice."

No, it's common sense to delay the election so Boris can't use it to con the country and Parliament, break his promise and delay the election until after October 31st.

After all, breaking promises is nothing new to Boris; just ask his wife.

The Labour pledge to accept the referendum result (leave the EU) but keep the single market and CU is impossible to honour - this is cherry picking in dreamland - I hope everyone knows that now. 

"Various others" would probably attract various arguments if we knew what they were?? 

What has JRM's dividends have to do with this? That money is over 3 years. The fund in Dublin has not been operating for that long and is a small part of Somerset's group of funds. JRM is a major shareholder of Somerset and that is widely known.

The Boris thing is just an opinion. Your last line was the low blow.

6 hours ago, transam said:

That reads like made up twaddle.....But if not, could you post your customer interview video, it might be very interesting..

How many times do you video chats you have with people you meet in the pub; sorry, bars where you live.? 

I provided anecdotal evidence.

You, living in Thailand, dismiss that anecdotal evidence from someone who actually lives in the UK as 'made up twaddle' because I'm a Remainer.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence about the thoughts of the UK populace has been posted by Brexiteers; some of whom even live in the UK. How often have you dismissed that as 'made up twaddle?' 

Your post is yet more evidence of the double standards among some Brexiteers.

As for the thoughts of Martin's employees; click on the link provided (hint: it's the bit in blue).

Of course, some would dismiss that because many Wetherspoon staff in customer facing roles are EU migrants. Odd that a man so against EU migration employs so many EU migrants! More Brexiteer hypocrisy!

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As for the thoughts of Martin's employees; click on the link provided (hint: it's the bit in blue).

Of course, some would dismiss that because many Wetherspoon staff in customer facing roles are EU migrants. Odd that a man so against EU migration employs so many EU migrants! More Brexiteer hypocrisy!

The link doent state how many Wetherspoons employees signed it or belong to the group and no names are given . 

So , could just be pro-remainer made up stuff with no basis in fact.

Signed , Max , Chairperson of the Wetherspoons emploees Brexit group

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

The Labour pledge to accept the referendum result (leave the EU) but keep the single market and CU is impossible to honour - this is cherry picking in dreamland - I hope everyone knows that now. 

Not really; anything is negotiable. But impossible or not; you asked for reasons why people voted against May's deal, and this is one of Labour's.

"Various others" would probably attract various arguments if we knew what they were?? 

Well, the DUP voted against because they didn't like the idea of Northern Ireland being treated differently to the rest of the UK. 

The ERG voted against because Rees-Mogg told them to.

I don't have the time nor inclination to go through every other MP who voted against and discover their reasons. the above three do account for most of them.

What has JRM's dividends have to do with this? That money is over 3 years. The fund in Dublin has not been operating for that long and is a small part of Somerset's group of funds. JRM is a major shareholder of Somerset and that is widely known.

Read the links provided; that is just the money he's made from pone company, Somerset Capital, since the referendum. He was very cagey when Channel 4 asked him about it. Why, if he's nothing to hide? Defend him all you want, but it looks like he hgas a financial interst in delaying Brexit for as long as he can.

Of course, he also had a political interest in doing so as well; get rid of may and put Boris in charge. He's been rewarded for that already.

The Boris thing is just an opinion. Your last line was the low blow.

Low blow, maybe; but a deserved one. The man cannot be trusted.

When he pulled out of the leadership contest in 2017 I posted that it was probably because he suspected that Brexit would become an almighty cock up, with the incumbent taking all the blame and resigning. He could then come to the rescue to deliver the country. Which as we all know is what happened. 

How big a part did his plotting with Rees-Mogg and others in the party contribute to this? Until and unless one of them writes their memoirs, we'll never know.

Just now, sanemax said:

The link doent state how many Wetherspoons employees signed it or belong to the group and no names are given . 

So , could just be pro-remainer made up stuff with no basis in fact.

Signed , Max , Chairperson of the Wetherspoons emploees Brexit group

Ah, yes. The usual Brexiteer response to facts they don't like!

Spoons Workers Against Brexit

This from 28th January: Spoons Workers Against Brexit group campaigns against pro-Brexit boss

"He (Martin) routinely labels Remain supporters the ‘metropolitan elite'; yet he himself is an incredibly wealthy man, accruing a tidy net wealth of almost £500m in no small part by paying his staff poverty wages."

I must admit that I do regularly contribute to that fortune by using his pubs. Make of that what you will.

In response to the campaign, a JD Wetherspoon spokesman said:.........

"Wetherspoon News offers articles for and against Brexit."

As a Wetherspoons regular I can confidently say not in any issue I've ever seen; only pro Brexit!

The Spoons Workers Against Brexit campaign has already gained thousands of followers on Facebook and Twitter following its launch on Sunday 27 January.

28 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

How many times do you video chats you have with people you meet in the pub; sorry, bars where you live.? 

I provided anecdotal evidence.

You, living in Thailand, dismiss that anecdotal evidence from someone who actually lives in the UK as 'made up twaddle' because I'm a Remainer.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence about the thoughts of the UK populace has been posted by Brexiteers; some of whom even live in the UK. How often have you dismissed that as 'made up twaddle?' 

Your post is yet more evidence of the double standards among some Brexiteers.

More twaddle, you actually wrote that on your work travels you go into Wetherspoon pubs and are told by customers they don't agree with the owner...

So on your travels you google the locations of Wetherspoons nearest to your nationwide jobs to find out the pub customers thoughts..

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you do....

As for your link, it revolves around a pay rise but workers are entitled to have what ever view they want. If they ain't happy then they should move on, Brussels perhaps.....

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Ah, yes. The usual Brexiteer response to facts they don't like!

Spoons Workers Against Brexit

This from 28th January: Spoons Workers Against Brexit group campaigns against pro-Brexit boss

I must admit that I do regularly contribute to that fortune by using his pubs. Make of that what you will.

As a Wetherspoons regular I can confidently say not in any issue I've ever seen; only pro Brexit!

Ah , but the Metro link that you provided , didnt state any of the "facts" that I questioned .

Its not a case of myself disliking any facts , I was suggesting that without any evidence , they may not be facts at all .

5 minutes ago, transam said:

More twaddle, you actually wrote that on your work travels you go into Wetherspoon pubs and are told by customers they don't agree with the owner...

What I actually said, and you quoted, was "Despite Tim Martin's much publicised support for Brexit, you'd be surprised by how many of his customers don't share that view; at least in the many I have visited during my travels to all parts of the UK for work over the last couple of years."

15 minutes ago, transam said:

So on your travels you google the locations of Wetherspoons nearest to your nationwide jobs to find out the pub customers thoughts..

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you do....

You're getting really desperate now!

No, on my travels I often have to stay overnight and am usually booked into small B&Bs by my company; they're cheaper!

This means that I have to find somewhere for dinner; and very often the nearest, and certainly best value, place for this is the local 'Spoons. Being a fairly sociable chap I do talk to people in pubs. Not always about Brexit of course, but quite often; especially when one of Martin's propaganda organs is lying on the bar in front of us.

16 minutes ago, transam said:

As for your link, it revolves around a pay rise but workers are entitled to have what ever view they want. If they ain't happy then they should move on, Brussels perhaps...

One sentence in the whole article mentions their demand for a pay rise so they receive the living wage!

Yet you use that to dismiss the whole article!

Pathetic.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Ah , but the Metro link that you provided , didnt state any of the "facts" that I questioned .

Its not a case of myself disliking any facts , I was suggesting that without any evidence , they may not be facts at all .

The Metro article contains links to their Facebook and Twitter accounts; did you miss those?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The fb link doent state how many , if any are spoony workers

Your attempts to 'prove' that Martin's employees are all happy with passing out his propaganda are veering towards the pathetic.

Come back when you've a real argument.

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Your attempts to 'prove' that Martin's employees are all happy with passing out his propaganda are veering towards the pathetic.

I have not and am not 'attempting' to prove anything .

I have merely stated that no spoony employees have put their name to it .

Now , that is hardly 'pathetic', now , is it ?

You do get confrontation , rude and abusive and condescending when others ask you about things you post

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

What I actually said, and you quoted, was "Despite Tim Martin's much publicised support for Brexit, you'd be surprised by how many of his customers don't share that view; at least in the many I have visited during my travels to all parts of the UK for work over the last couple of years."

You're getting really desperate now!

No, on my travels I often have to stay overnight and am usually booked into small B&Bs by my company; they're cheaper!

This means that I have to find somewhere for dinner; and very often the nearest, and certainly best value, place for this is the local 'Spoons. Being a fairly sociable chap I do talk to people in pubs. Not always about Brexit of course, but quite often; especially when one of Martin's propaganda organs is lying on the bar in front of us.

One sentence in the whole article mentions their demand for a pay rise so they receive the living wage!

Yet you use that to dismiss the whole article!

Pathetic.

Desperate, you must be joking, been reading your stuff for years so am used to get out stuff.

I didn't dismiss the whole article, there you go again, as usual, trying to cover yourself.

Pathetic, Yes you are right, your reply excuses sometimes are...

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have not and am not 'attempting' to prove anything .

I have merely stated that no spoony employees have put their name to it .

Now , that is hardly 'pathetic', now , is it ?

You do get confrontation , rude and abusive and condescending when others ask you about things you post

13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Desperate, you must be joking, been reading your stuff for years so am used to get out stuff.

I didn't dismiss the whole article, there you go again, as usual, trying to cover yourself.

Pathetic, Yes you are right, your reply excuses sometimes are...

Didn't dismiss the whole article? A reminder of what you said:

47 minutes ago, transam said:

As for your link, it revolves around a pay rise

As i said, that is just one sentence in the whole article.

Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do have a valid point , up to you if you want to ignore it

No, you are trying to 'prove' that very few, if any, Wetherspoons employees are involved in this. Despite the evidence to the contrary.

No doubt you will yet again dismiss that evidence; so what's the point in my continuing.

You and Transam can share the last word on this.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Didn't dismiss the whole article? A reminder of what you said:

As i said, that is just one sentence in the whole article.

Pathetic.

There you go again, I read the whole article, slagging of the pub owner doing what he wants to do with his money when they want a pay rise..

You really should think a bit more before you use the word "pathetic"...Same as your word "Racist"..

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No, you are trying to 'prove' that very few, if any, Wetherspoons employees are involved in this. Despite the evidence to the contrary.

No doubt you will yet again dismiss that evidence; so what's the point in my continuing.

You and Transam can share the last word on this.

Thats what I have been asking .

How many spoony workers belong to this group .

I have not seen any evidence , perhaps you could post the figure and the evidence ?

Archived