Kor ror 2 at Amphur Sattahip

Went to pick up a couple of kor ror 2 from the amphur Sattahip this morning.  So I thought I'd give a quick rundown. It was my first visit to Sattahip for about five years and there was a lot more vehicle traffic around the area, not helped by the many road alterations going on. On arriving at the amphur office we were surprised at how busy it was compared to our last visit. which was to get married ten years ago. The information desk sent us to a chap sat at a desk beside theirs, who told us it was the wrong desk and sent us back to information. Good start. My wife explained again what we needed and they gave us a ticket. We waited about 30 mins until our number was announced. The wife showed them her ID card and they quickly produced our two documents and pointed us to the desk of the head honcho in the corner, for which there was a big queue, but the desk  was unmanned. After about 15 mins the geezer appeared and we finally got his signature. The boss man then sent us back to the desk which we'd just come from for a stamp I think. By then I'd lost the will to live and gone to sit outside to wait. Wife went back there and got the final stamp. Could have been worse I suppose, but not the doddle I'd been led to believe it was going to be. The whole excercise house to house took about 2 hours. The good thing was that it only cost 20 baht for both certs. The bad thing is that I'm going to do my first marriage extension using the 400k in the bank method at Jomtien next Wednesday. Just the bank letter and passbook update to do on the day. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Thanks 1