Change names/transfer book

Don Mega

So ive purchased a pickup that is BKK registered and I live in Chonburi, Whats involved with changing the name in the book and provinces ?

Both buyer and seller are Farang and the paperwork is in order (residency certs/passports/tm.6/visa's/POA/Transfer document etc etc etc).

Can it be done easily by myself or should I engage an agent, I know it cannot be done at Regents.

You need the car checked at Chonburi. From there they send the papers to Bangkok and they return a week or 2 weeks later, You then get your license plate.

So you have to go to Chonburi twicd.

I did it all by myself, as at that time there was some English speaking staff.

Go very early in the morning and expect to spend the most part of the day

1 minute ago, ThePioneer said:

You need the car checked at Chonburi. From there they send the papers to Bangkok and they return a week or 2 weeks later, You then get your license plate.

So you have to go to Chonburi twicd.

I did it all by myself, as at that time there was some English speaking staff.

Go very early in the morning and expect to spend the most part of the day

Thanks,are they open Saturday ?

• 3 months later...

Re-visiting this one..

Used an agent for this and the process is still not complete, Fault is 50/50 mine an agent..

Anywho Agent is coming to Chonburi next friday to do the number plate side of it all but just noticed the last pic she sent me is the book with my name in it.

Can I have a BKK plated car in my name with a Chonburi address and call it done or do I have to get Chonburi plates (agent is asking for more money to come to Chonburi) ?

Archived