BANGKOK
Hal65

What maintenance do you do on your fans?

I run my fans almost all day, even then they last a couple years at least before dying. Curious what you guys do in terms of fan maintenance and whether it does much to keep Thai made fans running for more years without problems.

55 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I run my fans almost all day, even then they last a couple years at least before dying. Curious what you guys do in terms of fan maintenance and whether it does much to keep Thai made fans running for more years without problems.

Clean em when dirty if they ain't broke don't try to mess with them.

• Like 1

when they don't sound right, strip and clean, light oil. spares readily available, fan blade, bush bearings and spindles, all for pennies. depends how much time you have on your hands. I have too much obviously. I only fix my own though, I tell other people to take it to a repair shop or bin and replace. hatari ones cheap 'nuf

Edited by jastheace
  • Like 2

Fans made 20 years ago are much better quality then the ones made today. That is the truth not only for fans but for all electrical appliances as well as cars, etcetera. Yes, by cleaning the fanblades reguraly you will prolong the life of the electrical motor

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, tonboy said:

Fans made 20 years ago are much better quality then the ones made today. That is the truth not only for fans but for all electrical appliances as well as cars, etcetera. Yes, by cleaning the fanblades reguraly you will prolong the life of the electrical motor

Yes, I know. Like my grand father also said, It was better many years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My large ceiling mounted fans get no maintenance except dusting. I did notice leaving them.on led to big lekky bills. I consulted a maintenance engineer who said just to leave them.alone....

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Oh, yes it is. Give me some credit. I throw them out all buy myself, and walk all the way over the street to buy new. I even plug in the cable on my own.

Yep, highly qualified DIY - keep up the good work 😊

• Like 2