What maintenance do you do on your fans?

Hal65

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

likely it is, but in the form of ABS, not expanded polystyrene as you refer to

Polystyrene (C8H8) and ABS are rather different as ABS is  Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene ‎(C8H8·C4H6·C3H3N)

You need to read my comment that you quoted that from!

I was quoting another poster on his contribution to the thread that he was mocking others for so the chemistry of polystyrene and ABS is irrelevant, see the quotation marks?...

20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

By the way, aren't you being a little bit of a hypocrite considering that you seemed to forget that you contributed to the "seriousness"!...

On 9/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, Artisi said:

Styrene, not likely - reasonable for elcheapo coffee cups, picnic plates and loose packaging filler. 

"likely it is, but in the form of ABS, not expanded polystyrene as you refer to".

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, jastheace said:

just in case you havn't read the whole thread, in pattaya try amorn, amazing what you can get there. in ubon theres several shops in the Chinese area 'tween the mun river and the park. any other parts of the country, ask in a local thread, but the shops stick out like a sore thumb tbh.

thanks

@Just Weird don't get you nickers in a twist. 

The vagaries if this forum Software get attributions confused as they don't like to include quotes on replies. So miss assignment of poster complaints should be directed to the writers of the forum SW or the Admins of the forum.

49 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The vagaries if this forum Software get attributions confused as they don't like to include quotes on replies. So miss assignment of poster complaints should be directed to the writers of the forum SW or the Admins of the forum.

My knickers are just fine. 

There was no software mis-attribution; the problem was your misinterpreting my quoting his remark as my comment, that's why I suggested that you read my comment properly before embarking on a mis-directed chemistry lecture.  No need to bother the forum's software writers or Admin.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

From memory sometime back, when you quoted a poster you brought with you the thread, this overcame what many think is mis-quoting, although messy with long threads. Ideally quoting would be better if what you are quoting and it's previous quote remained together -  

But at the end of the day who gives a rat'a a rse, other than the nit pickers. 

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

My knickers are just fine. 

There was no software mis-attribution; the problem was your misinterpreting my quoting his remark as my comment, that's why I suggested that you read my comment properly before embarking on a mis-directed chemistry lecture.  No need to bother the forum's software writers or Admin.

There was a miss attribution 

this is what it should have been quoted 

IMG_8182.PNG.7fcdd39db4bfe07e570cf67ff679365d.PNG

So it was the forum SW that screwed up the attribution.

So nothing to do with you.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There was a miss attribution 

this is what it should have been quoted 

IMG_8182.PNG.7fcdd39db4bfe07e570cf67ff679365d.PNG

So it was the forum SW that screwed up the attribution.

So nothing to do with you.

That was exactly what I quoted, there was no forum or software screw-up. 

It was my comment so I decide what should or shouldn't be quoted, it's everything to do with me!

On 9/7/2019 at 7:23 AM, worgeordie said:

That's the trouble with the World today,it's a throw away society,

and you are a great example of it.

regards worgeordie

We already have NINE pages of posts just regarding how to maintain a fan.  Just think how many pages there would be if you asked "what is the trouble with the world today? "  

Might set a new record or at least no.2 after the tm30 threads

Archived