Best digital box for Thailand

bartpix

Just been told by condo that they've changed the condo service to digital and my 42 inch Panasonic now needs a digital box as I won't be able to view service otherwise. Any members out there have suggestions for a decent box available here. Many thanks for suggestions.

First are you sure your TV doesn't include a Digital tuner ?  most TV's sold in the last couple of years will have one built in  but there are exceptions.  if the TV caries this logo it will have an inbuilt digital tuner.

TV-Digital-Thai-Logo.png.b31bb37ce3a297ace9430a5c972eab78.png

Otherwise you'll need a DVB-T2  receiver  there are quite a few to choose from starting at about 700 baht..the digital picture from them all will be about the same..some have better remote controls ( some are tiny buttons)  or on screen menus.

They sell these "digital boxes" in the big supermarkets like Tesco and Big C

575554538_AconaticDVBT2.thumb.jpg.075c7a5a8b8cfcce8785eb9fbf87bd90.jpg

Hi Johng,

Much Thanks for your reply.

The condo "Mechanic Expert" having looked at the set which is 5/6 years old now said it was an analogue set even though it is a "Smart" TV. It doesn't have the logo you showed, so I guess he is correct and I require a box. Will start looking at the DVB-T2  receivers out there.

Thanks again for your reply.

Archived