Ex-commerce minister Boonsong gets 48 years in jail over rice-pledging scheme

rooster59

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yes it could have been explained far better by the government as there are still people who think its about he rice program while it was not. It was all about the fraud inside the program and the top ministers being involved in it. 

Now its being touted as an unfair ruling about the rice program while it was not about the price guarantee (one that I think was bad too I don't believe in them not in these or in those of the current government)

Having just read an article on a MTIC VAT fraud case in the UK and seen the chart that Wikipedia use to explain it's basic workings, the attachment by Dutch State give a good simple explanation. So easy to replicate this to reflect the Rice Fraud

SmartSelectImage_2019-09-07-13-03-29.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

48 years for fraud 

8 years or less for rape

Seems there is a disconnect in sentencing often

You seem to have overlooked the fact that the rice scheme scam financially raped 100 thousands of poor hard working farmer families so yes the verdict seems to be as connected as it should ....

4 hours ago, Huayrat said:

And all it would take is a single phone call to London or wherever in europe Yingluck is to have her arrested and sent back but they won't do it hmmmm

Is it really that simple? Suggest you check how it works, perhaps not as easy as you surmise...

11 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

48 years for fraud 

8 years or less for rape

Seems there is a disconnect in sentencing often

financial crimes are dealt with very harshly as money is worshiped above all. a thai lawyer told me this knowing in many other countries it is the opposite. he did not really agree but that is the system

10 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

the one above him i imagine the puppet to big brother,they have  escaped the goal term that will never happen (maybe).still  a mystery why she could get away so easy out of the country.i know some money was handed over,something went down then and the reason we will never know.

I believe they let her go and go quick as they didn't want any riots or an uprising, this would have suited their cause and give her freedom, if it is as I believe, she made the right decision, just saying.

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Well...that appeals verdict should lighten the courts appeal cases...go to court to appeal a judgement and get additional time...can't make this stuff up!...LOL (Land of Laughs)

I guess he got the extra 6 years for getting caught.

23 hours ago, Crisu said:

Thats what i am thinking too.

What is the difference to the rice subsidy of the current military government?
I dont understand that.

Maybe if you read all post you would have understood it. Guess you have not. (what was done was mentioned before)

This is not about the rice subsidy but about fake G2G deals that cost 20 billion baht. Basically they said they sold rice to China (that was allowed at a lower price). But the trades were fake and the rice was sold back into the system at the higher price a 20 billion fraud. 

Maybe now you understand and next time read better.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:37 AM, ChipButty said:

How come the sister only got 5 years?

She was convicted of negligence on the rice scheme not of being part of this G2G fraud. Oddly, when the G2G fraud came to light she sacked this guy. But didn't cancel the fake deals!

Her brother is closely connected to the rice trader named. This minister was a political protege of her older sister. Coincidences!

Just now, Baerboxer said:

She was convicted of negligence on the rice scheme not of being part of this G2G fraud. Oddly, when the G2G fraud came to light she sacked this guy. But didn't cancel the fake deals!

Her brother is closely connected to the rice trader named. This minister was a political protege of her older sister. Coincidences!

Yes she was either really dumb or involved in it all. Funny that there are still people posting that its about the subsidy while it was not. Guess a lot of people can't be bothered to even read the posts. Just want to vent.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, robblok said:

Yes she was either really dumb or involved in it all. Funny that there are still people posting that its about the subsidy while it was not. Guess a lot of people can't be bothered to even read the posts. Just want to vent.

And just wondering if big sister is:

- Still lying low abroad? and

- Is she sending birds nest soup baskets to the two fall guys who did her bidding and now in jail for 28 and 48 years? 

• 2 months later...

I have never before heard of any govt, including third-world despots, jailing a civil servant for the performance of his duty. Yes, maybe the rice-pledge idea was cracked but I believe it was conceived and implemented remarkably honestly. Govts & their employees, both elected & appointed, make mistakes, more frequently than not. So what?!?

Imagine a Thai govt programme without corruption. The rice-pledge is possibly unique in that regard.

How long will it be before the swindlers behind the submarine & fighter jet purchases, high-speed rail, environmentally disastrous major hydropower dams, the Kra Canal, and many, many other ill-conceived projects are banged up in the hoosegow? They'll be wearing quite different uniforms soon, we can hope. 

2 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I have never before heard of any govt, including third-world despots, jailing a civil servant for the performance of his duty. Yes, maybe the rice-pledge idea was cracked but I believe it was conceived and implemented remarkably honestly. Govts & their employees, both elected & appointed, make mistakes, more frequently than not. So what?!?

Imagine a Thai govt programme without corruption. The rice-pledge is possibly unique in that regard.

How long will it be before the swindlers behind the submarine & fighter jet purchases, high-speed rail, environmentally disastrous major hydropower dams, the Kra Canal, and many, many other ill-conceived projects are banged up in the hoosegow? They'll be wearing quite different uniforms soon, we can hope. 

Thailand is the only country I've ever heard of that creates new laws and then applies them retroactively, especially against political opponents. Corruption on steroids.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:19 PM, Baerboxer said:

Thai officials jailed for negligence ....... where will it all end?

Archived