Jump to content
BANGKOK
jonwilly

Bit by Dog

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2019 at 6:23 AM, mania said:

 

But, on the other hand we do not have rabies in my home country

(long quarantine for any dogs coming in)

Nor do dogs run loose biting 😉

 

You don't go hiking in France obviously, where AHs farmers use these terrifying beasts to deter wolves from feeding off their sheep. They are totally aggressive, there have been several near fatal accidents and in most instances the farmers haven't been held liable.

 

Patous.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny how they always get nasty when your wearing shorts. when i have pants and combat boots on they are nowhere to be found. cowards.

Edited by fhickson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A word of warning to the OP and others.  I got bitten on the same day as this topic was started.  A reasonably nasty bite.  I went to the hospital within about 20 minutes for the full works and have been going back daily since for it to be cleaned.  By my own observations I can see that the wounds have developed cellulitis and today my cheery nurse told me that I have also managed to pick up gangrene.  So, rabies not withstanding,  if you do get bitten, don't hang about and think it will be fine.  Pop down to the hospital and get it treated, then cross your fingers (if you can) and hope for the best.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had jab No. 3 today. B390 same high standard of service by medical and support staff at Siraphat.

Two more to go, one next Saturday and final one on Saturday 5th of October.

 

john

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never heard dogs in Thailand bite Korean or Chinese. Why?  Dogs know they will end up in the cooking pot if they do.

 If you watch documentary films of dogs being transport to the slaughter house you will see those dogs all look very depressed and they don't even bark at all. They seem to know they going to die.

You will see in the film(youtube) the man stick a spear into the dog chest and all the other dogs are watching him killed. Unspeakable cruelty in countries that claim to have 5,000 years of civilization. (both Korea and China) of course Vietnam also eat lots of dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, jonwilly said:

Had jab No. 3 today. B390 same high standard of service by medical and support staff at Siraphat.

Two more to go, one next Saturday and final one on Saturday 5th of October.

 

john

Good to here. I'm a retired medical care professional from the US. Although you sometimes need to wait for service, care is excellent and the facilities are up to date. Those who knock the level of care are not realistic. Although not free as per NHS in UK or with full insurance in the US the prices are very reasonable. Try getting care in the US without health insurance and see what it cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, jonwilly said:

Had jab No. 3 today. B390 same high standard of service by medical and support staff at Siraphat.

Two more to go, one next Saturday and final one on Saturday 5th of October.

 

john

Good to hear jonwilly.  For my story, yesterday I attended hospital as usual, but the treatment was a little beyond the norm compared to the previous days.  The doctor decided that the necrosis had become an issue, so more invasive treatment was needed.  He cut several large chunks out around the rotting flesh, which although not too painful due to the anaesthetic, was a seriously unpleasant experience.  Cost was another 5000b. So far it is totalling about 15k baht, with at least 2 weeks of daily treatment to go.  My cleaning today was the most fast and efficient yet, but hell it hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Slip said:

Good to hear jonwilly.  For my story, yesterday I attended hospital as usual, but the treatment was a little beyond the norm compared to the previous days.  The doctor decided that the necrosis had become an issue, so more invasive treatment was needed.  He cut several large chunks out around the rotting flesh, which although not too painful due to the anaesthetic, was a seriously unpleasant experience.  Cost was another 5000b. So far it is totalling about 15k baht, with at least 2 weeks of daily treatment to go.  My cleaning today was the most fast and efficient yet, but hell it hurt.

geeeze Slip, that necrosis sounds rather aggressive …  sorry to hear your bad plight at this time.

I hope it clears soon and the healing progresses in a positive way.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slip said:

Good to hear jonwilly.  For my story, yesterday I attended hospital as usual, but the treatment was a little beyond the norm compared to the previous days.  The doctor decided that the necrosis had become an issue, so more invasive treatment was needed.  He cut several large chunks out around the rotting flesh, which although not too painful due to the anaesthetic, was a seriously unpleasant experience.  Cost was another 5000b. So far it is totalling about 15k baht, with at least 2 weeks of daily treatment to go.  My cleaning today was the most fast and efficient yet, but hell it hurt.

was this bite from a stray soi dog? where? please give details of the attack and what happened afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fhickson said:

was this bite from a stray soi dog? where? please give details of the attack and what happened afterwards.

I don't want to hijack the thread (well anymore than I already have), but let's just say it was my own fault.  The fight was between my own two dogs that simply cannot tolerate each other.  I was daft enough to get in the middle by yanking one up in my arms.  (The one that would surely kill the other in a fair fight).  Meanwhile the other (the little one) leapt up and hung off the leg of the one I was holding.  In her panic she had a good old chew on my arm.  I was at A&E within 30 minutes, but it seems that the bacteria got hold all the same.  Such is life.  No good deed ever goes unpunished as they say lol.


Thank you Steven100 for your kind words.  I will live (well I hope I will 55).

Edited by Slip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Slip said:

I don't want to hijack the thread (well anymore than I already have), but let's just say it was my own fault.  The fight was between my own two dogs that simply cannot tolerate each other.  I was daft enough to get in the middle by yanking one up in my arms.  (The one that would surely kill the other in a fair fight).  Meanwhile the other (the little one) leapt up and hung off the leg of the one I was holding.  In her panic she had a good old chew on my arm.  I was at A&E within 30 minutes, but it seems that the bacteria got hold all the same.  Such is life.  No good deed ever goes unpunished as they say lol.


Thank you Steven100 for your kind words.  I will live (well I hope I will 55).

take the dog to a vet and see if it is carrying anything.
sounds weird that the bite turned out so serious from an animal you own. i have owned animals my entire life both dogs and cats, been bitten many times.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:19 AM, Vacuum said:

Is the dog still alive? You should also produce the hospital bill to the dog owner.

Only problem with that scenario is that if the dog bites someone its the devils own job "finding" the owner, however if you hit a dog in your car there are queues of people saying that you injured their prize thoroughbred pooch, and are looking for compensation !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

living with two dogs that want to kill each other must be a bitich. the master is never an impartial party as dogs are pack animals and whomever is feeding them has an alpha role. that means your part of the problem. you need to find out whats going on here and things go back to normal. its typically a hiearchy problem where the two dogs are unclear of pecking order.

Edited by fhickson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When I got bit it was :
Clean the wound:
Shot in each upper arm ( rabies and tetanus)
Cost 2,040 baht.

Return 4 more times over a month for rabies shots, 1,010 baht

Total 6,080 baht

Painful to my backside and my wallet !!
Op got off lightly.

Pattaya City Hospital charged me 3,000 baht for initial Rabies shots and wound cleaning. Because of the rip off bill padding there i went to Bang Lamung hospital for subsequent 3 Rabies injections at 250 baht each
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Op got off lightly.

Pattaya City Hospital charged me 3,000 baht for initial Rabies shots and wound cleaning. Because of the rip off bill padding there i went to Bang Lamung hospital for subsequent 3 Rabies injections at 250 baht each

Thinking about it now.
Probably the best result , get the cleaning done at a decent place and as quickly as possible and then the following shots can be sourced at a cheaper place.

Following Slip’s harrowing tale above speed of reaction and a thorough cleaning is all important .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...