Current Topics

superal

I understand there are forums for popular topics but when an important event is current it needs to be brought to the fore and attention of those that it effects .  My post on the Frozen UK Pension  deserved to be front page and not tucked away on archives . People affected do not go to the forum every day to look at old news although for sure many forums carry good advice and impart knowledge but this post of mine was to tell all readers that important actions were happening by way of emailing their MPs using easy steps within the email provided .  

I ask you politely to please reconsider and bring to the attention of your readers many of whom read only and do not post and would not be alerted to news posted to a forum page .

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Why would they it need to be up front.. if people are interested they just select notify me of replies and they will always know if there are new replies. Its not that hard.

Capture2.JPG

Because as I stated there are folk who are readers only , do not post on TVF , do not tick "Notify me of replies " box and would be unaware of any new actions or updates especially on such an important topic . Also with many expats feeling the pinch because of the exchange rates / strong baht , makes it " must know headline news " .

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

It is not archived and actually has the benefit of being in TWO places at once.

It is in the Home Country, where issues and topics hail from should be, AND it is in the specific UK Pension topic.

Thanks and I take your point , however such an important event should take front page news as it is probably a major event in many expats lives especially given the current value of the pound .

35 minutes ago, superal said:

Thanks and I take your point , however such an important event should take front page news as it is probably a major event in many expats lives especially given the current value of the pound .

I disagree, with this simple solution those who want to keep updated can and not everyone is a Brit or on pension. There are important topics for everyone and with such a simple feature everyone can keep updated easily. No need for special measures especially now that two forums already. 

Just ignorance of forum software should not be the reason to have extra measures. My opinion of course. For you it might be life and dead but for a lot of us its not. So with just one switch everyone is happy.

Archived