Beware people stealing your Facebook username and password

rooster59

Beware people stealing your Facebook username and password

1567778904126.jpg

Image: Thai News Agency MCOT

Thai News Agency MCOT warned Thais about being conned into revealing their Facebook usernames and passwords. 

They said that strangers unknown to Facebook users were contacting them to claim that people were exposing them as cheating others and being in debt. 

It was a ruse to get them to reveal their username and password on a fake site that looked like Facebook. 

They were sent a link and when users were tricked they revealed their personal data which was then stolen.

Facebook usage in Thailand - and particularly Bangkok - is among the highest in the world, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Thai News Agency MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-07
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only use FB to stay in touch and communicate with a few trusted friends and family.

I established an email address that I only use to register on FB, I use a fake name and the wrong birthday. The only real thing is my profile picture. 

Very very interesting.

I for one have never and will never have Facesbook.

I trust nothing about it.  Seems especially in Thailand for braggarts or insecure people needing to post a photo they are at Starbucks having a coffee...

But interestingly, for some reason I occasionally get some sort of Facebook email from some Thai account not sure why.

Then,  I search a name of a person I know on Facebook and come up with a bunch of posts and personal information on the person.

Wow, seriously?

I believe it has major security issues and am so glad I do not have it.

Good luck to all who feel this is necessary in their lives.

I for one can certainly live without it..

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I only use FB to stay in touch and communicate with a few trusted friends and family.

I established an email address that I only use to register on FB, I use a fake name and the wrong birthday. The only real thing is my profile picture. 

Whoa, just wait for biometric profiling of your profile picture to work out who you are.

I'd suggest adding a false nose and dark glasses immediately. Chop an ear off and they'll think you're really Van Gogh.

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Whoa, just wait for biometric profiling of your profile picture to work out who you are.

I'd suggest adding a false nose and dark glasses immediately. Chop an ear off and they'll think you're really Van Gogh.

If they did that maybe I could find out what breed of dog I have lol 😂

1 minute ago, Fred white said:
25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they did that maybe I could find out what breed of dog I have lol

I'm sure someone will claim it's a Shih Tzu. But then I bet they've never been to that zoo.

I have a FB account with some fake data just to be able to read "public" stuff especially from my huge circle of two friends :smile:. No active contribution at all.

It's quite hard to avoid using FB content at all. So many businesses use it as only form of presentation.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

It is easy to report you to FB who will then require you to submit photo ID such a passport and that will be your future user name.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Does all that get around the TM30?

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

It is easy to report you to FB who will then require you to submit photo ID such a passport and that will be your future user name.

Call my local bank, they have so many copies of my passport I now understand where the rain forest is going. 😆😆

26 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Who cares? I will simply set another account befriend the same people, or stay out of FB all together.  

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

i just ordered a very sophisticated disguise from Amazon.

Take that Facebook!!

Image result for groucho marx disguise

Archived