BANGKOK
rooster59

Royal Rainmakers called in to replenish Phuket reservoirs

Royal Rainmakers called in to replenish Phuket reservoirs

By The Phuket News

1567845477_1-org.jpg

Royal Rainmakers visited Phuket in March and April this year but did not succeed in bringing any rain to the island. Image: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation has approved a two month long rainmaking effort to replenish Phuket's main reservoirs ahead of the coming high – and dry – season.

The coming of Royal Rainmakers was announced by Phuket Provincial PR Department yesterday (Sept 6) while the rainmaking program itself officially started the day before (Sept 5) and is planned to continue until November 15.

Cloud seeding will be conducted by the Southern Royal Rainmaking Operation Center based in Surat Thani. The center will use a CN-235 turboprop transport airplane to seed clouds and induce rain over Phuket's main reservoirs – Bang Neow Dum in Srisoonthorn, Bang Wad in Kathu and Khlong Kratha in Chalong. The latter two will be prioritised.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/royal-rainmakers-called-in-to-replenish-phuket-reservoirs-72788.php#FFTM4DMMb3BX9ciq.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-07

I am sure I read somewhere,that some Govt. official ,Said there was going to be plenty

of water for Phuket ,and now this,how does the chemical,or mineral or whatever they

are using affect the water .

regards worgeordie

As if Thailand doesn't have enough poison in the air already !    Proven by other countries not to work anyway.

• Like 1

No shortage of rain this season in Phuket.

Millions of gallons of water meandering out to sea from Rama 9 Park, Phuket town, daily.

Enter, the scape goat...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am sure I read somewhere, that some Govt. official , said there was going to be plenty of water for Phuket ,and now this,  How does the chemical, or mineral or whatever they are using affect the water.

regards worgeordie

Dry ice or silver iodide have traditionally been used.  Both enhance the formation of larger droplets/crystals during the condensation cycle.

The seeding process cannot be proved to cause a specific storm, but the evidence shows that continued seeding will increase the amount of condensed moisture pulled from a weather system over a period of time.   Colorado seems to be increasing its' winter snowpack by 5% to 15% as tested in the seeded areas vs. non seeded

Edited by ourdon
  • Thanks 1

This is easier and cheaper than actually doing something to reduce the problem.  And, it makes it seem to the mostly uneducated, that something is being done to help them.  

• Like 1

I don't know what the plane on the OP is , but THIS is a CN235

CN235.jpg

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I think it is a Cessna caravan.

Is there a portaloo, or do you have to use a bucket?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is there a portaloo, or do you have to use a bucket?

Have to open a window, hang one's ...erm....man parts outside.