Royal Rainmakers called in to replenish Phuket reservoirs

rooster59

Royal Rainmakers called in to replenish Phuket reservoirs

By The Phuket News

1567845477_1-org.jpg

Royal Rainmakers visited Phuket in March and April this year but did not succeed in bringing any rain to the island. Image: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation has approved a two month long rainmaking effort to replenish Phuket's main reservoirs ahead of the coming high – and dry – season.

The coming of Royal Rainmakers was announced by Phuket Provincial PR Department yesterday (Sept 6) while the rainmaking program itself officially started the day before (Sept 5) and is planned to continue until November 15.

Cloud seeding will be conducted by the Southern Royal Rainmaking Operation Center based in Surat Thani. The center will use a CN-235 turboprop transport airplane to seed clouds and induce rain over Phuket's main reservoirs – Bang Neow Dum in Srisoonthorn, Bang Wad in Kathu and Khlong Kratha in Chalong. The latter two will be prioritised.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/royal-rainmakers-called-in-to-replenish-phuket-reservoirs-72788.php#FFTM4DMMb3BX9ciq.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-07

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am sure I read somewhere, that some Govt. official , said there was going to be plenty of water for Phuket ,and now this,  How does the chemical, or mineral or whatever they are using affect the water.

regards worgeordie

Dry ice or silver iodide have traditionally been used.  Both enhance the formation of larger droplets/crystals during the condensation cycle.

The seeding process cannot be proved to cause a specific storm, but the evidence shows that continued seeding will increase the amount of condensed moisture pulled from a weather system over a period of time.   Colorado seems to be increasing its' winter snowpack by 5% to 15% as tested in the seeded areas vs. non seeded

11 minutes ago, faraday said:
23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is there a portaloo, or do you have to use a bucket?

Have to open a window, hang one's ...erm....man parts outside.

It's not part of the rain-making project is it - some sort of golden showers generator?

When all announcements and all avenues of ensuring a reliable water supply to Phuket, other than updating water collection and water storage are exhausted, then and only then will they start thinking of improving the infrastructure.

Once they start thinking of improvements to the water infrastructure they will then commence the construction of more resorts and condo's and put the water question on the back burner again.

46 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

When all announcements and all avenues of ensuring a reliable water supply to Phuket, other than updating water collection and water storage are exhausted, then and only then will they start thinking of improving the infrastructure.

Once they start thinking of improvements to the water infrastructure they will then commence the construction of more resorts and condo's and put the water question on the back burner again.

Water supply and wastewater collection and treatment have always been very poor here in Patong where I live, and I haven't seen that really change in the more than 12 years I've been here.

If you think about it, there have been reports of "black water" flowing into the sea in Patong for many years and every so often they crop up again, and now it has been reported in Kamala. No surprise because of the amount of new construction which is going on there!

True they have dug up a few roads and put in larger drainpipes etc here and there, but most of that has been for show and for the ability to be able to skim off the budgets provided.

As long as someone higher up the food chain is making money, or attempting to make money, by continually building a hotel, condos or somesuch like, then the infrastructure is never considered. 

The rain will come.  Many people living here for a while for sure remember that there have been years we have got the first hard rain lasting days, in November, and it have kept raining to Christmas and longer, the last years we have even got weeks in Jan/Feb with some days hard rain .The Meteorological department have themselves in a rough long yearly forecast announced that the rain season in the South will last until late December this year. But of course its not good to announce that considering the start of tourist/high season.????

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/8/2019 at 6:42 AM, Reigntax said:

Then again, I've invented a new light, costs nothing at all to operate but can only be used during the day. ....... and only cloudless days

I'm not sure if you're being  a bit tongue in cheek or if you're referring to the plastic bottle light.  Its' use is spreading through South America and Africa\

This seems to be a good  use of some of our plastic waste.

Archived