BANGKOK
rooster59

Royal Rainmakers called in to replenish Phuket reservoirs

Need some clouds first, not  like yesterday which was like a February day.

Amazing...…rainmaking, yesterday and today splashing the roads in town with water in an attempt to clean, tomorrow and Tuesday quit a bit of rain is forecasted as far as I have seen online...…. 

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The rainmaking program itself officially started the day before (Sept 5) and is planned to continue until November 15.

Coincidentally during Phuket's rainy season.

image.png.39ddc7e3b555c980fb52bf44af64c9e5.png

http://www.phuket.com/island/weather.htm

• Like 1

When all announcements and all avenues of ensuring a reliable water supply to Phuket, other than updating water collection and water storage are exhausted, then and only then will they start thinking of improving the infrastructure.

Once they start thinking of improvements to the water infrastructure they will then commence the construction of more resorts and condo's and put the water question on the back burner again.

46 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

When all announcements and all avenues of ensuring a reliable water supply to Phuket, other than updating water collection and water storage are exhausted, then and only then will they start thinking of improving the infrastructure.

Once they start thinking of improvements to the water infrastructure they will then commence the construction of more resorts and condo's and put the water question on the back burner again.

Water supply and wastewater collection and treatment have always been very poor here in Patong where I live, and I haven't seen that really change in the more than 12 years I've been here.

If you think about it, there have been reports of "black water" flowing into the sea in Patong for many years and every so often they crop up again, and now it has been reported in Kamala. No surprise because of the amount of new construction which is going on there!

True they have dug up a few roads and put in larger drainpipes etc here and there, but most of that has been for show and for the ability to be able to skim off the budgets provided.

As long as someone higher up the food chain is making money, or attempting to make money, by continually building a hotel, condos or somesuch like, then the infrastructure is never considered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rain will come. ☔ Many people living here for a while for sure remember that there have been years we have got the first hard rain lasting days, in November, and it have kept raining to Christmas and longer, the last years we have even got weeks in Jan/Feb with some days hard rain .The Meteorological department have themselves in a rough long yearly forecast announced that the rain season in the South will last until late December this year. But of course its not good to announce that considering the start of tourist/high season.😉

• Like 1

So Noahs should start building a new ark.

I wonder which 2 coyotes he will choose ?

Edited by Reigntax
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Coincidentally during Phuket's rainy season.

image.png.39ddc7e3b555c980fb52bf44af64c9e5.png

http://www.phuket.com/island/weather.htm

Of course. The rainmaking squad wouldnt want to lose face.

Then again, I've invented a new light, costs nothing at all to operate but can only be used during the day. ....... and only cloudless days

Edited by Reigntax
  • Haha 1

Cessna is the manufacture of the OP picture. Had to cheat to look

up type Caravan 

If it was an ARJ21 you’d be almost positive it looked like an MD80..

hmmmmm MD80 has been retired but ARJ21 kicked in 5 years ago? 

11 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

... quit a bit of rain is forecasted as far as I have seen online...…. 

The ideal time for a fake rainmaking operation.

• Like 1

Well I dont know if it just was what was forecasted or with the help of the rainmakers but I got at least wet to the skin before noon.🙂

Edited by Felt 35

Yesterday's brief period of heavy rain brought tons of mud down to the beach from the hillsides above Karon , now stripped for the construction of condominiums.  

IMG_2681.JPG