where have all the hotties gone?

watgate

On 9/7/2019 at 5:45 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

There is a degree of truth in what the OP says but there are still plenty of attractive skilled girls around. Mainly Pattaya and Bangkok.

I agree.  Much has changed since my first visit in 2004.  While good looking and "fit" are somewhat subjective, I am pretty sure the consensus is that the numbers have declined, and for many of the reasons others have posted above.  Now having said that, me, now at aged 62 am far less judgemental than before, but in all honesty and even accounting for faded memories and novelties, I do believe there is a significant difference.  Thailand is not such an isolated place as it used to be.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Vacuum said:

Or the arrival at airports, where they're waiting for their 'boyfriends'.

I have been told that the malls in the Philippines are where many of the filipinas go to hunt for a partner.  I have seen the same in Pattaya a bit.  It makes sense.  They dress up a bit and wander around the air conditioned mall in search.  I was certainly approached by one or two on my recent Pattaya trip.  But I was on my way out and just was not interested in any butterfly or long term connections.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Many of the short-time motels in Chiang Mai seem to be located very close to the assorted universities, I have no idea why.

And many of the ladies are working Thai beer bars in the evenings.

When my son was at university in Australia, he estimated 15-20% of the female students took on casual sex work to help make ends meet.

Astonishing naivety to claim the same thing is not happening in the far more overt Thai milieu.

In answer to some posters about questioning why I am posting in the Pattaya forum when I am in Chiang Mai it is because I know there are many more bars in the Pattaya area plus there are many expats who have had a lot of experiences over the years with bars and all the associated ladies who have frequented them. I find the postings all very interesting and very informative. It is kinda like one size does not fit all. One poster has says the dating game has moved online in Chiang Mai and I have to agree with that. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:42 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Why would prostitutes be performers in bed? Having hundreds of fat smelly farangs bonk one does not make for an enthusiastic partner.

I never had one that looked worse in the morning, so you must have been unlucky, or perhaps looking through beer goggles!

My BMI is 26, and I don't smell - 555

My post referred to gogo girls.  Have only read about the inflated prices and at times starfish performances of gogo girls. 

Prefer the "real" Thai GFE; the freelancers, massage girls, and soi 6 girls  5555  

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thing is I honestly think Thai women are changing as well.

A more western style diet means even young girls are overweight. 

When I drop my kid of at school I am astonished at some of the kids there. They are huge.

Yes no doubt about this, the western food, chain restaurants have had this effect. N neighbouring countries without the fast food restaurants I don't see the amount of overweight young people.

in regards to the thread, talent is dire compared to the years previous. Yes some gogos always do well and have nice lineups, but  the amount of average, and overweight gals on stage is now prevalent.

To bring back the old days of rainbow 5 in nana plaza.

2 hours ago, watgate said:

In answer to some posters about questioning why I am posting in the Pattaya forum when I am in Chiang Mai it is because I know there are many more bars in the Pattaya area plus there are many expats who have had a lot of experiences over the years with bars and all the associated ladies who have frequented them. I find the postings all very interesting and very informative. It is kinda like one size does not fit all. One poster has says the dating game has moved online in Chiang Mai and I have to agree with that. 

where online?

if you mean thai friendly its a joke now. most profiles of anyone who looks decent has a big red flag message that you have to pay a subscription now because the member you are trying to contact is too popular.

theres line and tinder, but there seems to be so many hits and bs 'how are you?' messages with no follow through that it makes contacting anyone that looks "hot" very unlikely.

had some success online in patts and bkk, but theres something bogus going on in cm not sure what it is. probably to many people online searching and sending messages to the same people.

i think there are blokes from all over the world tossing tool on these apps, not just people who are local.

fyi news story just in bill clinton caught getting another bj on videotape

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It is more likely 3% of them come from sufficiently well-to-do families,  who can afford to support them through university. Probably 50% or more are struggling to make ends meet, so of course they are looking for money.

Drive you home in their car? Sell something else, Monsieur Girard. And refrain from posting personal abuse.

Guess you are the one who doesn't know reality. And a Toyota Vios is not only for well-to-do families in 2019 anymore either, trying to make me laugh?
A well to do family drives at least a BMW, Benz of Dukati.

Most students have a parttime job, such as GRAB. Don't get sour because you are not interesting for the good lookers and girls of a younger age. 
If it was a majority instead of a minority, you should be seeing a <deleted> load more of girls in soapie parlours, KTV's and elsewhere.
Which you do not see because they don't. And girls driving you back home? That is completely normal, even in BKK. 

The only people I know that disagree with this are old farts of weirdos, anyone of a normal age I know has even more good experiences in this, than me. 
My wife was a student as well, all her friends too, same same. All my friends who are married, same same. Only very few work as prostitutes, 1/30 or less.

Such a nonsense to think anyone with less money is automatically selling herself for money. Most girls who sell themselves, not even study at all.
Oh, and don't ever tell me again what to do or what to refrain from, who do you think you are, peanut.

2 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Guess you are the one who doesn't know reality. And a Toyota Vios is not for well-to-do families in 2019 anymore either, trying to make me laugh?
A well to do family drives at least a BMW, Benz of Dukati.

Most students have a parttime job, such as GRAB. Don't get sour because you are not interesting for the good lookers and girls of a younger age. 
If it was a majority instead of a minority, you should be seeing a <deleted> load more of girls in soapie parlours, KTV's and elsewhere.
Which you do not see because they don't. And girls driving you back home? That is completely normal, even in BKK. 

My my, you do jump to  conclusions. What makes you think I am interested in good lookers and younger girls? While you may be right in saying I am not interesting to them, I haven't put it to the test with my wallet. I prefer women who know what they are doing.

The relevance of your comment about Benz's and BMW's escapes me. Smells of red herring.

I am struggling with the mental picture of hundreds of Chiang Mai female university students driving GRAB taxis, and wondering why I only see middle-aged male Thais when the condo desk uses the app for me.

Can you claim to have visited every soapie, oiled massage, karaoke etc. in CM? Including the ones that don't let farangs in unless they are fluent in Thai, and outnumber the ones that accept Westerners, other Asians, Arabs and Indians ten to one? Didn't think so.

Girls driving you back home after you have bonked them, and they paid for your meal? James Thurber might have written the story for you.

Not sour at all. I'm very happy here. I do admit to getting irritated by holier-than-thou types, or those in denial of reality.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

My my, you do jump to  conclusions. What makes you think I am interested in good lookers and younger girls? While you may be right in saying I am not interesting to them, I haven't put it to the test with my wallet. I prefer women who know what they are doing.

The relevance of your comment about Benz's and BMW's escapes me. Smells of red herring.

I am struggling with the mental picture of hundreds of Chiang Mai female university students driving GRAB taxis, and wondering why I only see middle-aged male Thais when the condo desk uses the app for me.

Can you claim to have visited every soapie, oiled massage, karaoke etc. in CM? Including the ones that don't let farangs in unless they are fluent in Thai, and outnumber the ones that accept Westerners, other Asians, Arabs and Indians ten to one? Didn't think so.

Girls driving you back home after you have bonked them, and they paid for your meal? James Thurber might have written the story for you.

Not sour at all. I'm very happy here. I do admit to getting irritated by holier-than-thou types, or those in denial of reality.

any particular reason you have the condo staff order your grab?

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Whydya think I relocated to Udon?

The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in Thailand was standing in an aisle in a 7-11 in Udon Thani, late at night. She looked entirely unapproachable and a few minutes later she got into the passenger seat of an extremely expensive and pimped out car that was idling outside and she was lost to me forever...

2 hours ago, tabarin said:

Such a nonsense to think anyone with less money is automatically selling herself for money. Most girls who sell themselves, not even study at all.

The impression many foreigners gets and talk about after a few years in Thailand is that all Thai girls are available if the price is right. Maybe that's where this rumour  comes from.  

10 hours ago, balo said:

The impression many foreigners gets and talk about after a few years in Thailand is that all Thai girls are available if the price is right. Maybe that's where this rumour  comes from.  

It's not a rumour. Once one gets outside the Bangkok bubble, the vast majority of rural Thais are living on a wage of 2000 - 3000 baht/month working in the rice fields.

To them, most foreigners are insanely wealthy.

While it's true not ALL Thai girls are available if the price is right, it is also fair to say there's quite a big proportion that are.

When I first started living on and off in my GF's village, I was inundated with requests from women there to find a farang partner for themselves or their daughters.

11 hours ago, androokery said:

The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in Thailand was standing in an aisle in a 7-11 in Udon Thani, late at night. She looked entirely unapproachable and a few minutes later she got into the passenger seat of an extremely expensive and pimped out car that was idling outside and she was lost to me forever...

I know what you mean. There's a German in Chiang Rai who has a wife from Khon Kaen, most beautiful face I have ever seen on any woman.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:50 AM, jerojero said:

See your video? Got to be kidding. Self proclaimed expert based on what? Your 200 posts since joining TV in April? Give us a break, man.

you may find this hard to believe, but post count and thai visa join date are not effective barometers for credibility.

to the contrary, in most things, longevity of membership and a high post count should be warning signs.

Archived