U.S. House panel probes fortunes of airport near Trump resort in Scotland

rooster59

13 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

3 years of ever more frantic searching, and ever more farcical new ideas to nail him at any cost for any crime. There will be an election very soon. I take it that by playing these silly games the opposition have essentially thrown in the towel. This latest plan looks a real winner, this should save thousands of lives back home and enrich America like nothing has ever done. An airport in SCOTLAND?!? Good luck with it!

Well even long-term after is was well proven that Barack Obama was born in the USA, the orange clown kept up his claims that he wasn't born in the USA. The orange clown!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Donald Trump is a guy who would steal toilet paper from a family restaurant in order to save money (while stiffing the waitress at the same time); I shudder to think how much he is weaseling out of US tax-payers.

I have said it before and will say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all.

Wonder if Trump is weaseling as much out of US tax payers as Trudeau is out of Canadian ones?

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Let's also add the additional flight time for the crew and aircraft to fly to Scotland taking a route not previously navigated by the crew versus flying to U.S. bases in Germany and Italy used to take on supplies and fuel for U.S. Middle East bases. The Scotland reroute is not only more expensive and burdensome for the crews, it endangers both crews and aircraft.

"endangers both crews and aircraft"

Aye, they may get bit by a wild haggis!

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

3 years of ever more frantic searching, and ever more farcical new ideas to nail him at any cost for any crime. There will be an election very soon. I take it that by playing these silly games the opposition have essentially thrown in the towel. This latest plan looks a real winner, this should save thousands of lives back home and enrich America like nothing has ever done. An airport in SCOTLAND?!? Good luck with it!

There’s just this annoyingly inconvenient (for trump) thing called a constitution. You know, the thing he swore to defend and uphold - but of course he lied, as usual. This warrants investigation as a possible breach of said constitution. It may be that these military flights always land at Prestwick (they don’t), so why are they doing so now a man who couldn’t lie straight in bed is in the WH?

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You no doubt have a credible source to back up this hysterical assertion? Also not sure what a desperate witch hunt against a successful and popular President has to do with bizarre speculations of bog roll thefts. 

He is neither popular or successful. 

Can you imagine the explaining that would be demanded if there had been any incidents or accidents with any of the military movements through Prestwick. Why go to a secure military base when you can use a pissant airport like Prestwick? And yes, I am familiar with the airport.

He is neither popular or successful. 

Once again the proselytizing orange man bad syndrome gang can’t stick to common language truths and facts as defined by something as basic as a dictionary.

1. Popular: liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group. (I’m sure out of 62 million people who voted for Trump he is still liked by at least one person or even a group of people which according to the dictionary qualifies him as being popular)

2. Successful: accomplishing an aim or purpose.
"a successful attack on the town"
synonyms: victorious, triumphant; fortunate, lucky. (He ran for president and won so he accomplished his aim, was victorious and triumphant which according to the dictionary qualifies him as being successful)
If one were to have stated “in my opinion trump is not popular or successful”,,,,,,,,

President Trump is FANTASTIC , the US and the world are lucky to have him in the White House . The 2020 election will see a landside election for him . The left and snowflakes hate him ,he beat poor crooked Hillary . ????

1 hour ago, muffy said:

President Trump is FANTASTIC , the US and the world are lucky to have him in the White House .

Hear, hear. Make room on Mt. Rushmore.

Although maybe he should stop re-tweeting silly cat videos? I mean unless he has nothing better to do.

Trump Tweets Bizarre Cat Video Apparently Mocking CNN for Sharpiegate Coverage

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/trump-tweets-bizarre-cat-video-cnn-sharpiegate-hurricane-dorian.html

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Hear, hear. Make room on Mt. Rushmore.

Although maybe he should stop re-tweeting silly cat videos? I mean unless he has nothing better to do.

Trump Tweets Bizarre Cat Video Apparently Mocking CNN for Sharpiegate Coverage

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/trump-tweets-bizarre-cat-video-cnn-sharpiegate-hurricane-dorian.html

Must have been a wait on the 2nd tee.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:39 AM, bristolboy said:

An airport in Scotland where the Pentagon paid a higher price for military fuel than it otherwise would have done. . And where the air crew's per diems weren't even enough to cover the cost of food and drink.

Not true.  No other airport in Scotland, or Northern England, has a lower price for fuel than Prestwick. The comparison was with US bases over 300 miles away, hardly a practical alternative for people bound for Scotland. The costs for food were for the hotel, not the airport, which has competitive pricing.  

11 hours ago, Sir Swagman said:

Can you imagine the explaining that would be demanded if there had been any incidents or accidents with any of the military movements through Prestwick. Why go to a secure military base when you can use a pissant airport like Prestwick? And yes, I am familiar with the airport.

I doubt that you are that familiar with Prestwick.   if you were you would know that it has one of the longest runways in Europe, so enabling longer flights before refuelling for Military aircraft, a fairly isolated location for security, a separate secure area and hanger for military aircraft that is clear of the public areas, one of the best weather windows for flying in the UK and competitive pricing for its fuel and facilities. It is not only a good choice for the US military (and the RAF) to use on a regular basis, it is the obvious and  best choice for people accessing that area of Scotland. 

20 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Let's also add the additional flight time for the crew and aircraft to fly to Scotland taking a route not previously navigated by the crew versus flying to U.S. bases in Germany and Italy used to take on supplies and fuel for U.S. Middle East bases. The Scotland reroute is not only more expensive and burdensome for the crews, it endangers both crews and aircraft.

nonsense. 

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The Scottish press has been on this story for many months.

I wonder how secure this smallish public airport is? I mean for U.S. Military personnel and equipment? Plane spotters report two USAF flights yesterday.

Fore.

Donald Trump announces partnership deal with Prestwick Airport to service Trump Turnberry golf resort

"We are going to make this really successful. You are going to get a lot of business."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/donald-trump-announces-partnership-deal-4628442

There's always a tweet...

trump-prestwick.jpg

In acreage, length of runway and taxiways, Prestwick is one of the 'bigger' airports in the UK.  It is only 'smaller', as you put it, in passenger numbers and scheduled flights. 

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In acreage, length of runway and taxiways, Prestwick is one of the 'bigger' airports in the UK.  It is only 'smaller', as you put it, in passenger numbers and scheduled flights. 

Yes, this is a typical measurement (passenger numbers, aircraft movements) for the "size" of an airport, rather than length of runways or acreage.

Fore.

Given all the benefits it seems strange that the Pentagon has been reticent to publicly share the "tremendous wonderfulness" of PIK?

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Yes, this is a typical measurement (passenger numbers, aircraft movements) for the "size" of an airport, rather than length of runways or acreage.

Fore.

Given all the benefits it seems strange that the Pentagon has been reticent to publicly share the "tremendous wonderfulness" of PIK?

Not when considering where a military aircraft lands it isn't. The term is 'busiest', not 'biggest' or 'largest', which is a different measure. 

Just now, Pilotman said:

Not when considering where a military aircraft lands it isn't. The term is 'busiest', not 'biggest' or 'largest', which is a different measure. 

Well, it's not a "military" airport now, is it?

FWIW, I referred to it as "a smallish public airport", so give it a rest.

In other news...

Air Force leaders order probe of Trump resort stays

Stopovers at Scotland airport have tripled since 2015 and overnight stays in the area are up five-fold.

The U.S. Air Force has ordered a world-wide review of how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights following revelations that air crews had occasionally stayed at President Donald Trump's Scotland resort while refueling at a small commercial airport nearby.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/08/trump-resort-air-force-probe-1485447

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, it's not a "military" airport now, is it?

FWIW, I referred to it as "a smallish public airport", so give it a rest.

In other news...

Air Force leaders order probe of Trump resort stays

Stopovers at Scotland airport have tripled since 2015 and overnight stays in the area are up five-fold.

The U.S. Air Force has ordered a world-wide review of how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights following revelations that air crews had occasionally stayed at President Donald Trump's Scotland resort while refueling at a small commercial airport nearby.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/08/trump-resort-air-force-probe-1485447

I didn't say it was a 'military airport', it is an airport used by the military when it is the best option for them and often it is. I humbly suggest that if you don't want to be challenged on your use of words, then use the right ones. 

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I humbly suggest that if you don't want to be challenged on your use of words, then use the right ones. 

I beleive I did...

"I wonder how secure this smallish public airport is?"

The airport remains the same, whether a commercial, private or military aircraft is utlizing it. Hopefull we cana at least agree on this point.

And thanks for being humble.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I beleive I did...

"I wonder how secure this smallish public airport is?"

The airport remains the same, whether a commercial, private or military aircraft is utlizing it. Hopefull we cana at least agree on this point.

And thanks for being humble.

No we can't. Commercial airports are routinely segregated for different functions and customers, including more secure areas for military and other covert flights, VIP flights, GA business flights, cargo etc. Don Muang is a good example of this segregation, as are most Thai regional airports, which also host the RTAF. Not surprisingly, Glasgow Prestwick Intentional Airport is one such well segregated airport complex. 

When I said 'humble', I was merely being polite. 

More secure, chuckle. Orange traffic cones, some yelow tape, and what looks like a trash bin...

NY ANG C130 at PIK

All this totally unrelated "terminology" aside, I'm sure that the DoD will do a top-shelf investigation, and make everything public. And, when it is shown that using public airports is more efficient, maybe more air bases can be shuttered.

I find these USN C40's (737-700) to be quite an interesting fleet. These things are unmarked and appear everywhere.

Arriving/departing PIK. Isle of Arran in the backdrop. Can be seen loading cargo. Single malt?

91188-niagara-usaf-united-states-air-force-lockheed-c-130-hercules_PlanespottersNet_110148_4e804edfdd.jpg

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

More secure, chuckle. Orange traffic cones, some yelow tape, and what looks like a trash bin...

NY ANG C130 at PIK

All this totally unrelated "terminology" aside, I'm sure that the DoD will do a top-shelf investigation, and make everything public. And, when it is shown that using public airports is more efficient, maybe more air bases can be shuttered.

I find these USN C40's (737-700) to be quite an interesting fleet. These things are unmarked and appear everywhere.

Arriving/departing PIK. Isle of Arran in the backdrop. Can be seen loading cargo. Single malt?

91188-niagara-usaf-united-states-air-force-lockheed-c-130-hercules_PlanespottersNet_110148_4e804edfdd.jpg

if they are not loading up with single malt, they need their heads examining. 

p/s the cones are there for vehicles, to aid manoeuvring around the aircraft for highish/wide loads, so that they don't ding the aircraft. 

On 9/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Donald Trump is a guy who would steal toilet paper from a family restaurant in order to save money (while stiffing the waitress at the same time); I shudder to think how much he is weaseling out of US tax-payers.

I have said it before and will say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all.

Trump is America writ large!

Archived