Roads to Ride

canthai55

1 hour ago, damascase said:

Another great road to ride one’s bike: the Stelvio Pass (2750m) in Northern Italy. Did it several times on both motorbikes and pushbikes.

AD6C0584-7F1D-4F3B-BA4C-A597AD693B18.jpeg

Done it myself a couple of times.

Once on an HD FXR and once on a Guzzi Cali 3.

Pushbikes? Jesus, we have a nutter in our midst.... kudos!

There is too much to do and see on a motorcycle in the Alps in a 2 week trip.

You need years and years of keep coming back - it is truly stunning in the summer months.

Possible one of the best roads is entering Italy from SE France into Genoa, and then riding that West coast all the way down to Naples and further South.

Just a stunning stunning road.

Still got the pics and the memories.

Pics of awesome roads to ride

Just found this one in Norway - no idea where it is ...

norway.jpg.30776868fd3540caf587300e233575be.jpg&key=39b623e71e3dc123c94b1b5074b414a99ef7e91dcaa11b5c3fcd8eaa1e2244e7

Yes, it is lysebotn.

South western part of Norway. Don’t expect the weather to be nice all the time. Here is a couple ofpictures from this spring.

IMG_0206.jpg.89dd7851af8842ffe13d9bad8a0f323d.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg.59a5e82df94743e591ebd3628841124e.jpg

Nice area to ride

Passing “Suleskard”

IMG_0197.thumb.jpg.1f90d582453d1bdfa631e775d18d0093.jpg

And little further north

Flesanå waterfall

IMG_0213.thumb.jpg.c7b879a5f2ab40eb511133474261b8b8.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

58 minutes ago, Sattphalat said:

Yes, it is lysebotn.

South western part of Norway. Don’t expect the weather to be nice all the time. Here is a couple ofpictures from this spring.  ...

I understand that road is only open about half the year. 

Open late in Mai, or early June. Because of the snow in the mountains.

Start to get cold at this time of the year. Possible to meet snow.

If you are lucky it is possible until the end of this month ( September/ early October) nice colors , and clear mountain air in the autumn.

Advice...

If you are planning a trip to Norway take contact with som local riders, or me , for planning and route planning and so on.

Many nice routes, Lysefjord is well known and full of tourist in the season. But there are lot of options as nice, of the beaten track.

And Norway is a small modern country, you are never fare from roadside help, and road rescue, and good hospitals if the worst happens.

IMG_1116.thumb.jpg.bbf3d61c83050cb65702546c0c566af4.jpg&key=8749814e613b905bab0069d2781f5b242ec6556c7f2fbfd04e16d24bd26bbc26

1 hour ago, Sattphalat said:

Open late in Mai, or early June. Because of the snow in the mountains.

Start to get cold at this time of the year. Possible to meet snow.

If you are lucky it is possible until the end of this month ( September/ early October) nice colors , and clear mountain air in the autumn.

Advice...

If you are planning a trip to Norway take contact with som local riders, or me , for planning and route planning and so on.

Many nice routes, Lysefjord is well known and full of tourist in the season. But there are lot of options as nice, of the beaten track.

And Norway is a small modern country, you are never fare from roadside help, and road rescue, and good hospitals if the worst happens.

Beautiful.  I wonder if they allow skateboards going down, or bobsleds in the winter?  EEEK! ThaiGuzzi or PapaAl could ride right up those hills - they have trials bikes. I'd have no problem going down ... 555

We just had a family friend over for dinner last night (in the USA).  His wife is trekking around Norway right now for a few weeks.  I'll have to ask her if she saw this place when she gets back.  (They have $$$ - She's been all over South America, Spain and other places in just the last year.)

Beautiful.  I wonder if they allow skateboards going down, or bobsleds in the winter?  EEEK! ThaiGuzzi or PapaAl could ride right up those hills - they have trials bikes. I'd have no problem going down ... 555  

We just had a family friend over for dinner last night (in the USA).  His wife is trekking around Norway right now for a few weeks.  I'll have to ask her if she saw this place when she gets back.  (They have $$$ - She's been all over South America, Spain and other places in just the last year.)

Hi,hi,

Maybe something more for you. If you want to go down....

A little bit further out in Lysefjord.

“Kjerag”

https://youtu.be/yUHAflyT5Yo

1 hour ago, Sattphalat said:

Hi,hi,

Maybe something more for you. If you want to go down....

A little bit further out in Lysefjord.

“Kjerag”

https://youtu.be/yUHAflyT5Yo

“Kjerag” ...

I think that must mean "sploot" or "splat" or "whap" in English.  OMG!  At least a little further out in Lysefjord the bodies would wash out into the sea.

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

That goes for many mountain passes in the Alps too. The Stelvio Pass in my above picture sometimes doesn’t open till mid-June and may well have to be closed before the end of September. Depends on snowfall. Mid-June of this year I went up the Timmelsjoch Pass on the Austrian - Italian border, and that road opened only  on June 8 of this year. Still large snow walls roadside. 

3 hours ago, damascase said:

That goes for many mountain passes in the Alps too. The Stelvio Pass in my above picture sometimes doesn’t open till mid-June and may well have to be closed before the end of September. Depends on snowfall. Mid-June of this year I went up the Timmelsjoch Pass on the Austrian - Italian border, and that road opened only  on June 8 of this year. Still large snow walls roadside. 

The above mentioned road to the Timmelsjoch Pass, near the 2509m top, on June 17 of this year. Took my Thai gf there (by car), hadn’t seen snow before in her life. Very, very impressed and excited...........

D79FE432-EF61-4895-B3D2-2E4B3A740EF4.jpeg

9DD73969-7A15-4B06-9665-D5C46C1F8605.jpeg

IMO although these roads with the hairpins are very dramatic and the scenery is amazing they're actually pretty hard work to drive and not so much fun.

MHS is tremendous, i also plan a few days in Nan October ( depending on weather ) - any tips?

Archived