BANGKOK
moogradod

Getting out of a trap

56 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

A lifetime of low-paid jobs...

..or a well-off farang.

Sorted.

Pragmatic. But you can do one thing without blowing off the other. These well off and overall acceptable farangs are not just waiting around the corner either. But it can work if you are lucky. My wife and me is the very best example. Happy together since 17 years now. But I suspect this is not that common.

For the time being some English and MS Office and Typing (I learned 10 finger system some 50 years ago in school and although I got my further edu at both Zurich University and ETH it was one of the more useful things I did ever learn) . And learning languages is extremely useful in particular. Opens up many possibilities. Plus the driving licenses - better to have them than just driving around without - even for a Thai citizen.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 2

she could still get high school equivalency outside school hours.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cmsally said:

She needs to enroll in a Kor Sor Nor tuition centre to get the M6 certificate. After that she can enroll in Thai "Open University" to get a Bachelors degree. That would get her the basic qualifications to head for better employment. It is possible to do all these while working at the same time. Many Thais do this.

This sounds very good. Hope we have such a Kor Sor Nor tuition center nearby. I will for sure investigate in this direction. Thanks for the hint !

14 minutes ago, orchis said:

she could still get high school equivalency outside school hours.

Thank you but I am not sure I understand. Do you mean she can do home study while working ? Or enroll in some institution (probably like cmsally did suggest) ?

Edited by moogradod

Edited by Fex Bluse

I know people who make a nice living after a 2 week course Facebook advertising. Of course with some background and knowledge of the language of their clients, the market the clients are in etc.

>> 1. English, 2. Microsoft Office User Training (Word, Excel and just a bit of Power Point), 3. Driving license. 4. Typing skills.

That seems like a very nice start!

9 hours ago, cmsally said:

She needs to enroll in a Kor Sor Nor tuition centre to get the M6 certificate. After that she can enroll in Thai "Open University" to get a Bachelors degree. That would get her the basic qualifications to head for better employment. It is possible to do all these while working at the same time. Many Thais do this.

sound advice, like in most countries any decent employers want to see the bit of paper that confirms the level of education achieved, and the higher the level the greater the opportunities.

• Like 1