Automotive electrical conduit, add-a-circuit, in line fuse, etc

NokNokJoke

Any idea where i can find this stuff easily in Udon Thani?

Easily for me means walk into a stocked store, see what I need without asking in thai, purchasing and leaving.  

I checked Amorn at Big C, bought some small split conduit a few weeks ago, couldn't even find what i bought this.  Not automotive fuses at all, but some inline glass fuse holders with wire leads, and various plugs or jacks on one end.

Is there an auto parts type store like back in the US I could walk in and see/buy this stuff?

(hard wiring a dash cam)

Amorn at Big C still has the split-side, flexible wiring conduit in 4 sizes it is just on a different aisle now. They also have a large stock of clear and black spiral-wrap type cable harness.

lazada online is your best bet for in-line and add-on fuse holders.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sweatbuy-5pcs-mini-dc-12v-20a-blade-in-line-fuse-holder-for-car-auto-i128114313-s135311882.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.1dcc1647ZL9xGr&search=1

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rd-10pcsset-15a-add-a-circuit-car-auto-low-profile-blade-style-in-line-fuse-holder-with-10pcs-15a-fuse-i330962587-s635708398.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.16.1dcc16472Een0U&search=1

Gather photos of what you want.

Head down to you local "automotive bits and bobs" shop (where you get your car bulbs) or car audio installation place. Come away happy.

The car audio place will probably install your dashcam for a nominal fee.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Head down to you local "automotive bits and bobs" shop (where you get your car bulbs) or car audio installation place. Come away happy.

That's a good Plan A for most people but the OP apparently doesn't want to interact with the locals and is looking for the equivalent of 'Autozone'.

4 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

Thanks. Spent 30 minutes searching every aisle. Couldn't find it. Kind of surprised no packaged fuses, wire,etc

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Avoid that Amorn on re-stocking days... the clue is loads of packing cases blocking the aisles and your view of what's available. Never seen anything like Halfords (UK) or Autozone (US) when it comes to DIY on cars. As Crossy says, take a picture of what you want on your smartphone and go show it at the car shops that are centered on the west end of Pokanusorn between the Phosri lights (north end) and the roundabout (south end). There's also some shops on the north end of Adulyadet, just south of the Watthanuwong traffic lights. I found some connectors for Ford sidelights a few years back in one of those shops.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'd have expected the audio place install to be the default position, with a check after to correct any faulty work. It's not like they charge western prices.

1 hour ago, NokNokJoke said:

The picture is probably the best idea. The dashcam is going on a samlor.

If I can find the final bits will be able to do it myself over the course of 4 beers. Correctly, if only have 2.

Gotta be a first there! A dashcam on a skylab?

AFAIK, they don't need to be insured or pay road tax to be street legal. The driver also doesn't need to have a license or be sober for that matter. Is the dashcam in case a sober, law-abiding, fully-insured and licensed car driver gets in your way?

Farang on samlor, need protection. I have the mandatory liability insurance,but from what I understand if there is an accident it's negotiated. I have plenty of dashcams, why not? Video may help. I don't do most of the normal samlor stuff, like going the wrong way on the shoulder. It's nice to have a 5x4 ft bed behind me for the weekly makro run.

now the Business below is in Ubon, but someone out there might know whether this 'Sai Fa' outlet might be part of a larger countrywide network??  

UBON SAI FA COMPANY LIMITED

Business Description:
Wholesale of household electrical appliances and electronic appliances

175/2, Nakhonban Road, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Muang Ubon Ratchathani, Ubon Ratchathani,

https://bizdirectasia.com/company/thailand/ubon-sai-fa-965086.html 

image.png.9893013ca6ce9059b77373e2311849a8.png

image.png.a48b3cec66d1f7de85ead99ee37d3622.png

they sell/service anything electrical (both Home/Entertainment and Automotiove... 

we were just passing through Uon, anfd nephew needed relays and cponnectors for his Fortuner...  

This place made me dejavu  feel I had just walked into a RadioPartsMelbourne shop!

I finally found an inline fuse holder at a auto electric/battery shop not too far from me.  It's a bit heavier duty than I needed, but will work until the ones I ordered from lazada maybe show up.

The guy had balls, charged me 150 Baht.   

My GF gave me the wrong postal code for our address, so the initial Lazada deliveries have been hit or miss.

The drivers who  call find us.  The ones who don't, claim nobody was home.     Luckily  I ordered COD, but it is a pain in the <deleted> staying near the house for two days in case the delivery of a 200 baht item shows up.

Archived