Kantharalak to Ubon Road Flooded? URGENT

CUEUN

I can not commenmt on the Kanthalarak road to Ubon, but getting through Ubon from Warin is getting difficult.

1. Yesteday afternoon the ring road from the big Mun river that goes past Central Plaza was closed. This was due to the small bridges in front of the Labour Department-BMW-Home Hub area being flooded over. I am not sure if the road is now open or not.

2 The eastern bridge road that goes past the island in the Mun River is closed, due to flooding on the Warin approach.

3 The road in the middle with the double bridges is still open. For inbound traffic from Warin to Ubon it is very slow due to heavy flooding in front of Do Home. Traffic is still being let through but that may stop if the water rises further. For outbound traffic from Ubon to Warin, the road is still fairly dry. I know, because I just drove through a few minutes ago.

I expect water levels will rise further in the next two weeks as the water from Khon Kaen, Roi-et and Yasothon flows down the Chi river into the Mun river and reaches Ubon. 

Then all roads will be closed and the army trucks will come and take people from Ubon to Warin. Just like in 2000, 2001 and 2002. 

If you go via Det Udom, it should be no problem. When you come to the ring road, go through Warin and over the main bridge (the one closest to the train station). The bridge close to Ubonrak Hospital was closed at least from the city side yesterday. Flood refugees are camping everywhere!

I have to add that this was the situation yesterday at 10.30. It could of course be all different today!

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your replies, we managed to get to the airport, it took a bit of doing but the driver got us there and we caught our flight.

Many thanks again, and hope everyone stays safe and anyone affect by the flooding gets sorted ASAP.

????

Archived