China’s terracotta warriors to be displayed in Bangkok

webfact

Department of Fine Arts to display China’s terracotta warriors

cbd0d4379d0f400dc130f25bc04f8457_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Department of Fine Arts is to put China’s Terracotta Warriors on display at the Sivamok Phiman Throne Hall in the Bangkok National Museum. An exhibition titled "Qin Shi Huang: The First Emperor of China and the Terracotta Warriors" will be held at the museum, starting September 15.

The Department of Fine Arts, and Chinese officials have unboxed terracotta warriors from China and they will be on display at the Bangkok National Museum in Phra Nakhon district, Bangkok. The exhibition will also feature a collection of 133 relics that are over 2,200 years old.

Visitors will see four life-sized terracotta warriors, one chariot and 86 relics found in a mausoleum in China. The exhibition will be divided into zones, such as the period before the unification of China in 221 BC; the Qin dynasty and the Han dynasty. Furthermore, visitors will learn more about China’s ancient engineering skills and technology.

The Bangkok National Museum will stage the "Qin Shi Huang: The First Emperor of China and the Terracotta Warriors" exhibition for three months, from September 15 to December 15.

nnt.jpg

The Department of Fine Arts is to put  four of   China’s Terracotta Warriors on display at the Sivamok Phiman Throne Hall in the Bangkok National Museum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+terra+cotta+warriors&sxsrf=ACYBGNQtU_NRyHnODk-s9JAQNA_oyacNRA:1567988712448&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGmd6RvcLkAhVJH48KHeaPA2kQ_AUIEigB&biw=1536&bih=722#imgrc=4uyR_8l1eIHD5M:

I remember when we got the National Geographic magazine in the mail with the Terra Cotta Warrior's head on it. I read the article and swore to see them some day. It took 4 decades, but I went to Xian. I just can't see staring at 4 warriors and 1 chariot all that exciting after having been there, seen that, for real.

Supposedly there are a couple terra-cotta warriors I saw a few years ago displayed at a ( not well known) Chinese museum near Jomtien. It is worth a trip...

“The Viharn Sien is a beautiful Chinese temple South of Pattaya now in use as a museum. The museum houses a unique collection, which is believed to be one of a kind outside of China.

It is made up of a three story central building and a number of pavilion halls. The Viharn Sien is built in elegant Chinese style, but the real attraction lies inside the building. This museum is one of the best places in Asia outside of China itself to see some priceless and rare Chinese artifacts and antiques.”

I found the grounds & buildings impressive. 

13 minutes ago, toenail said:

Supposedly there are a couple terra-cotta warriors I saw a few years ago displayed at a ( not well known) Chinese museum near Jomtien. It is worth a trip...

“The Viharn Sien is a beautiful Chinese temple South of Pattaya now in use as a museum. The museum houses a unique collection, which is believed to be one of a kind outside of China.

It is made up of a three story central building and a number of pavilion halls. The Viharn Sien is built in elegant Chinese style, but the real attraction lies inside the building. This museum is one of the best places in Asia outside of China itself to see some priceless and rare Chinese artifacts and antiques.”

I found the grounds & buildings impressive. 

Beat me to it. Yes it is a great museum and it has terracotta warriors. Its only draw back is they do not provide slippers to wear, last time I went it was scorching hot and to view some of the items you had to walk across the roof. I missed most of them out as my feet were burning.

10 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

Beat me to it. Yes it is a great museum and it has terracotta warriors. Its only draw back is they do not provide slippers to wear, last time I went it was scorching hot and to view some of the items you had to walk across the roof. I missed most of them out as my feet were burning.

That’s a useful observation, I’ll remember to take slippers when I visit thanks for the heads up.????

1 hour ago, I wonder said:

That’s a useful observation, I’ll remember to take slippers when I visit thanks for the heads up.????

What is so sad about this massive “Chinese design” building displaying numerous artifacts is the lack of professional lighting and explanations. Anyone into Chinese culture would enjoy this place and quiet location ( unless bus tours have discovered it)

1 hour ago, toenail said:

( unless bus tours have discovered it)

They recently widened the road from Sukhumvit to the "Wat Yarn" area where this museum is located it has encouraged more tour buses..but still isn't too overcrowded unless you go on a long weekend

Dscf0017.jpg.dbd42382da600a7a43807e1ac6681fe3.jpg

8 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

already got most of that stuff at the Viharn Sien Temple near Pattaya.

https://www.renown-travel.com/temples/viharn-sien.html

It's always amazed me how little known Viharn Sien is in the Pattaya area.  Even seasoned taxi and baht bus drivers have no clue when asked where it is.  

It's four stories of fascinating artifacts, ancient weapons, armour, musical instruments and a Terra Cotta Warrior.  On the terrace are a large group of life size sculptures of peak martial arts action. 

Admission is very low, less than B100 my last visit two years ago. 

Archived