Anybody from the West obtained a Marajuana Card

Ireland32

You might get one if you have a problem that calls for the use of cannabis not because your an American. I mean I am from the Netherlands surely one should have been given to me years ago then ????

AFIK you need to get some kind of prescription from a doctor. Maybe its better to ask this in the health forum. This is not about recreational use but about use against pain and so on. 

I read only one course for Doctors has been completed, allowing them to issue cards/scripts. So, I say it would be hard to find a Doctor who is approved to issue the card. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next year.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, robblok said:

You might get one if you have a problem that calls for the use of cannabis not because your an American. I mean I am from the Netherlands surely one should have been given to me years ago then ????

AFIK you need to get some kind of prescription from a doctor. Maybe its better to ask this in the health forum. This is not about recreational use but about use against pain and so on. 

It’s medical related , but what are exceptions or ailments are required 

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

It’s medical related , but what are exceptions or ailments are required 

This article lists the treatable conditions:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/02/13/stress-could-be-valid-for-prescribing-weed-thai-fda/

Quoting:

According to Tares Krassanairawiwong [apparently of the FDA - my note], the administration is classifying potential valid conditions into into three groups.

The first includes those that existing scientific proof shows can be treated by marijuana: nausea in cancer patients, epilepsy in children unresponsive to other treatment, multiple sclerosis and chronic pain. The second are those for which cannabis can improve quality of life: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, stress and terminally ill patients. The third group includes conditions for which cannabis would be an experimental treatment, such as the use of its extract to kill cancer cells.

This article talks about tourists with medical certificates:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/03/01/how-to-possess-marijuana-legally-in-thailand-right-now/

I would be inclined to consult with a physician and/or lawyer, before I would act based on an article from KSE.

2 hours ago, timendres said:

This article lists the treatable conditions:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/02/13/stress-could-be-valid-for-prescribing-weed-thai-fda/

Quoting:

This article talks about tourists with medical certificates:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/03/01/how-to-possess-marijuana-legally-in-thailand-right-now/

I would be inclined to consult with a physician and/or lawyer, before I would act based on an article from KSE.

Thanks so much, good advice

I went to a clinic on soi 2 Bangkok, I have a medical card for marijuana for insomnia and a prescription for zoplicone for sleeping. 

i spoke with the receptionist, told her of my issues. Showed her my card and prescription. She told me there would be an initial consultation, and then didn't foresee any problems in obtaining the card.

but the consultation was $1 k baht and the oil was $3 k baht for a rather small amount, 5-6 times the cost of back home.

too expensive for my tastes, uncle somchai got my business.

I was behind the Maha Nakhon building trying to wend my way into the old Chinese cemetery there (too many dogs and I didn't have my stick) when i spied the leaf of happiness on a fancy premises.

So I went in and was told that farang can get a prescription,but there is no legal thc oil available yet.

"But you are from USA, only for Medicine, ok?"

Ok.????????????????????

Posts discussing illegal activity and off topic posts have been removed.

Some westerners have received prescriptions for medical marijuana, yes - usually CBD oil not products with THC.

Be aware that there is not yet a registered, FDA approved product out and there have been reports of adverse effects - some severe - from use of the nonstandardized products currently being dispensed.  Including possible toxicity from pesticide content.

GPO is coming out with CBD oil soon and that product will be trustworthy. I would advise anyone with genuine medical need to wait for it rather than risking their health on products being churned out rapidly without proper quality testing or FDA oversight.

And I would advise those whose interest is purely "recreational" not to post about that here. And not to throng to medical marijuana clinics, it may lead to a backlash and might indeed cause there to be a restriction applied to foreigners in future. Currently there is none, but it will come if people try to misuse the system.

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I was behind the Maha Nakhon building trying to wend my way into the old Chinese cemetery there (too many dogs and I didn't have my stick) when i spied the leaf of happiness on a fancy premises.

So I went in and was told that farang can get a prescription,but there is no legal thc oil available yet.

"But you are from USA, only for Medicine, ok?"

Ok.????????????????????

Yes CBD 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, neeray said:

Yes, right, fully understand. Uh huh.

Ireland32: You used a confused emoji. Let me clarify my answer for you. It is my understanding from a cannabis seller whom I know that most people claim for medical purposes but in reality, it's recreational.

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

Ireland32: You used a confused emoji. Let me clarify my answer for you. It is my understanding from a cannabis seller whom I know that most people claim for medical purposes but in reality, it's recreational.

yeah, not sure i see your point.

22 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

My heart is operating at 15% , my doctor recommended I stay Stress Free, Thx Doctor

There are many other ways to reduce stress. You're in Thailand. I can think of a good start !

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, Ireland32 said:

With a bad heart , hmmmmm

Got Card at Sawadee Clinic near Don  Muang Airport lovely staff, Doctors are Standing by, Beautiful Clinic , Professional, Certificate was 200b  , I have severe Insomnia and many health ailments Heart, Card was issued for Insomnia

Haaaaa...., you can see where it's been but I don't touch it any more..., arrrrgh
But seriously..., I don't think I would want to be so stonkered while navigating the mean streets of Bangers...., things can be crazy enough getting around the joint on a hot day..., even without any herbal remedy.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Ireland32 said:

Got Card at Sawadee Clinic near Don  Muang Airport lovely staff, Doctors are Standing by, Beautiful Clinic , Professional, Certificate was 200b  , I have severe Insomnia and many health ailments Heart, Card was issued for Insomnia

what was required to make a claim of insomnia?

are cards usable at any medical outlet? 

They took my word for it , plus they saw my prescription drugs for sleep meds, I brought all my medicine, heart meds too, Stress is another Illness , you can submit

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They gave me a Certificate for 200 b, said I could go to other clinics for meds, but I wanted to give them the business for their kindness, but they mentioned Korat snd Buriram , Saraburi Hospitals

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived