Li-ion battery dead ?

Andrew Dwyer

I have a cordless drill that I brought from the uk, it’s not an expensive model ( Workzone, ALDI special ) but a great little unit in a handy carry case, use it mainly for a “ secondary “ when drilling and screwing.

Anyhoo, am now assuming that the battery has died as although it appears to charge okay ( the charger has a red/green indicator ) when i put it in the drill the battery indicator ( on the drill ) will flash once when I pull the trigger but no movement ( also the light will illuminate briefly).

It appears the battery is not holding charge anymore.

It’s a 16v and I cannot find a replacement battery online.

So my questions are:

1) How do I determine if it is the battery/charger/drill at fault ?

2) Assuming it is the battery can i get the cells replaced anywhere ??

3) Would it cost more to repair than buying new ( would probably just buy a cheap unit to replace it )

TIA

Andy

It's the battery.

Had the same issue with a Chinese drill.  Vendor would not reply to email.  Can't find replacement bat anywhere (they have triangle shape).  Ended up just buying a new drill for B600 or so. 

Just checked Lazada and now see replacement for my drill.  2 for B300 (which might explain the life span).  Maybe you will get lucky and find for yours.

You can try freezing the battery in a plastic bag for 8-10 hours
This can sometimes rejuvinate a poor battery

Take it out the freezer and let it get back to room temp then try charging it fully again

Most probably it is junk already though unfortunately.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The charging pod could be at fault. A common problem is that people tend to leave them plugged in for long after its already charged and the micro electronics overheat and burn out.

It happens with phone chargers also, never leave them plugged in.

The good thing however is the uk and Thailand use the same power rating 220/240 volts, but if its just arandom use cheap battery drill them go buy another cheap one here.

Archived